Licence reform

Andrew

Not really too sensitive, it makes no difference to me, I won't be buying one. It is just the automatic and offensive response on this forum that gets a bit wearing,

I pay 95 euro a year for my license and I am glad to do it. My license allows me to use up to 4 rods and it bears my photograph, which should be an essential requirement of any proper system. It is very likely that it will be checked and if I can't produce it (even if I own one) I will be charged and I will have my tackle confiscated.

It allows me to fish on any public water in France.

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Last few years I've probably spent 95%+ of the time using one rod. That said it will be nice to be able to use three on the odd occasion when fishing a pit, with slim hope of a bite from anything but a mossie.

What riles me more then licence prices, rods on a licence or personal photos has got to be the point Bold Bear raises about it being governed by the same people who issue abstraction licenses. It's a duplicitous approach, that to me undermines the integrity of a body who is supposed to have anglings interests at heart.

Hope the price doesn't go up too much though :cry: ...

"the countryside must be experienced in its worst weather to appreciate the shades of its beauty"

The EA do good work fixing the damage man does to the aquatic environment. I do think the tab for that should be picked up by the people who did it rather than the people who suffer from it, but such is life.

Maybe I was being unfair. But I do expect the majority of anglers don't have a licence. Unless they are actually checked its pointless.

I agree with previous posters. You should not b allwed to buy a day / club ticket without proving you have a licence.

The EA do good work fixing the damage man does to the aquatic environment. I do think the tab for that should be picked up by the people who did it rather than the people who suffer from it, but such is life.

Steve, not round these parts they don't bud. The local river is absolutly strew with sanitary towels etc etc....right ouside the sewage works outlet and then more diluted as you go further downstream (a mile or so). The trees have them dangling in their branches and twigs looking like left over crimbo decorations. I was there the other day and there where large patches of thick white foam floating down resembling mini icebergs! The EA know all about it...I know of several other people besides myself who've spoke to them about it on the phone. making complaints. They just say they'll look into it, or that's perfectly normal....effin' ridiculous. Imo the EA are are total waste of time for the biggest part and are just a token jesture by the government for anglers, similar to throwing the dog a bone to keep it from barking.

You should not b allwed to buy a day / club ticket without proving you have a licence.

As someone who has served on a number of club committees, and is now a non-executive vice-president, I do not see why angling club officials (or indeed commercial fishery owners) should serve as unpaid narks for the EA.

Whether or not an individual has paid for his right to fish a water is a matter between him and the fishery owner.

Whether or not he holds a licence is between him and the EA and is an entirely separate issue.

It is like asking auto dealers to check driving licences.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Steve, not round these parts they don't bud. The local river is absolutly strew with sanitary towels etc etc....right ouside the sewage works outlet and then more diluted as you go further downstream (a mile or so). The trees have them dangling in their branches and twigs looking like left over crimbo decorations. I was there the other day and there where large patches of thick white foam floating down resembling mini icebergs! The EA know all about it...I know of several other people besides myself who've spoke to them about it on the phone. making complaints. They just say they'll look into it, or that's perfectly normal....effin' ridiculous. Imo the EA are are total waste of time for the biggest part and are just a token jesture by the government for anglers, similar to throwing the dog a bone to keep it from barking.

They do some good work, but they don't do everything we'd want and the compromises are political. So things like holding water companies to account are not entirely within their power, because doing so would end up raising water bills and a lot of the public would rather have filthy rivers than pay a few more quid to have their sewage treated properly :(

It's still better than when the water authorities were the poachers and the gamekeepers!