E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Barry, I've no intention of commenting whatsoever on anything other than the point I raised and what follows directly from it. My main reason for posting was just to put my viewpoint on record.

Not only do I not have the time, unfortunately a health problem means I can't spend very long at the computer at the moment.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I am sorry to hear that, please take care and s @ d us politicamaniacs, your excused. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Cheers, Barry.

• Like 1

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I've had neither the time nor the energy to follow this topic so don't know whether the main point I'm about to post has been mentioned. However I do want to nail my colours to the mast.

I'm not normally a political animal but feel extremely strongly about this issue.

My vote was for remain.

Quite apart from the adverse economic and unemployment consequences, quite apart from the difficulty of achieving access to free trade with the EU without being able to restrict immigration, we also have to think about our children, our grandchildren and even our great-grandchildren.

Few realise that as a consequence of this vote the whole world, and not just the UK, is likely to be a very different place, not for just a decade but for a century.

With the problems that the planet faces we need to come together not split apart.

For this reason I feel the UK leaving the EU is a backward step.

When history looks back at this time I fervently hope that it doesn't find that the UK (or perhaps what's left of it!) lost out economically without getting the reduction in immigration that the Brexit voters want.

I hope that history also records that the early 21st century was the time of the death throws of nationalism, and that after that the human race finally matured.

Few will agree with me now but I'm convinced that future generations will look back at nationalism as an archaic concept. By then hopefully we'll have a world government to deal with the worldwide problems the human race faces.

I therefore want to go on record to say to my children, grandchildren and their as yet unborn grandchildren that here was at least one of the baby boomers that thought of their future.

Those are the exact reasons i was for in looking to the future i think it was a big mistake to brexit what really amaizes me is just how naive some many people are i voted out because the sun says so god help us the world we are living in.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

John, unlike you I'm more of an optimist. Many years ago human families formed tribes then villages. Next came city states and then countries, and now groups of countries.

The world is getting smaller, and this process is being accelerated by the invention of the internet. I accept that for many, especially amongst the older generation, this progression is too fast.

However few from the days of empire would have thought that colonialism would be considered the outdated concept it is today. In the same way I believe that future generations will feel the same way about nationalism, although as I posted before I don't expect many to share that view - yet!

It may be that your pessimistic outlook will turn out correct; certainly I agree that the human race faces immense problems. But that doesn't mean we should give up as then we'll surely fail. Over the course of history we've already made great progress. It might need a common threat like climate change or some other disaster to pull the human race together, but pull together we'll eventually do.

I just hope it's sooner rather than later.

I haven't always been a pessimist Steve, but life experiences have made me this way.

I do agree that some great disaster could probably be the saviour of mankind, but only because it will reduce our numbers to a more sustainable level.

I'm sorry to hear of your health problems Steve, and wish you a complete and speedy recovery.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Cheers, John.

Cheers, John.

Good to hear, Big Cod and Sportsman, that I'm not alone in my views.

• Like 1

FWIW, the same select group of people will have made a killing off the back of a tumbling and rebounding pound and a tumbling and rebounding FTSE that always make a killing when there is instability.

I don't think our involvement with supranational environmental, science or counter-crime initiatives will change very much and I very much doubt that workers rights will be impacted very much either.

Unless the EU's power brokers start throwing their rattles out of their prams, I doubt that there will be any significant impact on EU trade either - even if they do, the EU only represents 43% (and falling) of our international exports of goods and services.

The biggest risk is from short term changes to the UK government because there is a real risk that the UK's -neo-con Tories will launch a government takeover.

Either way, it will be what it will be because the public have decided the future course of the nation.

Hope you're feeling better soon Steve and that your fears aren't realised.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Cheers, Ken.

When history looks back at this time I fervently hope that it doesn't find that the UK (or perhaps what's left of it!) lost out economically without getting the reduction in immigration that the Brexit voters want.

I voted to leave, but that had nothing to do with immigration. I voted to not join in 1975 and have seen no reason after 40 years in the EU to change my mind.

It's bad enough having a raft of corrupt self serving politicians in our own parliament, but whilst in the EU we have a whole other tranche of the buggers deciding what we can and can't do.

That alone is enough for me, if we can also stem the flood of economic migrants that can only be a good thing, (for the UK).

For 40 years I've had to put up with feeling like I'm living in an occupied country, led by a puppet government controlled from Brussels. A great many remain supporters have never known any other way.

• Like 2