E U. Should we stay or should we leave.

barry luxton

BREXIT in or out  

52 members have voted

1. 1. should the u k remain in or leave the E U

• vote to stay in
    • vote to stay in following e u rule change
    • vote to leave

Any one (including brits) earning basic wage is only taking from the pot except for NI contributions ,cods cheap agricultural workers wont be contributing to the uk pot but they will be helping the employer with cheaper wage bills ,whether this is passed on via cheaper prices is doubtful most probably more profit for the employers .

If they are claiming for "dependants" (here or abroad) then they certainly will be taking from the pot just as brits are under the same rules.

As i have said a thousand times if we need labour we can get it (just as we did pre joining) they fill in forms and ask nicely and if they are needed they get let in .the EU cannot stop anyone coming here to work at the moment their power is limited but i doubt they are not planning something for the future !if we want them they will come just like before

Asking first also means we know who they are working for and can see if their employer is paying them the lawful rates but more importantly if the employer is paying HIS dues to the uk !

Anyone found breaking the rules should be punished severely with huge fines that will put him out of business and hopefully the loss of assets including his property and anything else of value

Until fear is imparted on unscrupulous employers nothing will change ,fear of losing everything should do it ,unfortunately it seems to hard for the government to get fines from these people so take it from joe public via speeding tickets and on the spot fines for insignificant crimes with no impact on real crimes from greedy employers dodging paying their way.

I for one dont mind if johny foreigner is working legaly paying his way ,if hes willing to fetch a parcel at 5 pm on a sunday thats his choice ,my gripe is with those not working legaly or those with no rights to be here at all dipping in the pot and thats been the fault of governments for decades and long before we joined the EU

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Any one (including brits) earning basic wage is only taking from the pot except for NI contributions ,cods cheap agricultural workers wont be contributing to the uk pot but they will be helping the employer with cheaper wage bills ,whether this is passed on via cheaper prices is doubtful most probably more profit for the employers .

If they are claiming for "dependants" (here or abroad) then they certainly will be taking from the pot just as brits are under the same rules.

As i have said a thousand times if we need labour we can get it (just as we did pre joining) they fill in forms and ask nicely and if they are needed they get let in .the EU cannot stop anyone coming here to work at the moment their power is limited but i doubt they are not planning something for the future !if we want them they will come just like before

Asking first also means we know who they are working for and can see if their employer is paying them the lawful rates but more importantly if the employer is paying HIS dues to the uk !

Anyone found breaking the rules should be punished severely with huge fines that will put him out of business and hopefully the loss of assets including his property and anything else of value

Until fear is imparted on unscrupulous employers nothing will change ,fear of losing everything should do it ,unfortunately it seems to hard for the government to get fines from these people so take it from joe public via speeding tickets and on the spot fines for insignificant crimes with no impact on real crimes from greedy employers dodging paying their way.

I for one dont mind if johny foreigner is working legaly paying his way ,if hes willing to fetch a parcel at 5 pm on a sunday thats his choice ,my gripe is with those not working legaly or those with no rights to be here at all dipping in the pot and thats been the fault of governments for decades and long before we joined the EU

Well Chesters you say EU Nationals dont contribute to our economy you are totally wrong just how do you work that out exactly , UK workers how would they make a bigger contributions if they rent or claim any benefits than EU workers who generally work 60,70 80 hours a week fruit picking something UK workers may not want to do and pay tax and national insurance contributions the farmers have a different view to you and who are the experts on this subject.

Because of brexit fruit prices will rise not go gown as fruit is left to rot in the fields because of the lack of pickers just one of many home goals with Brexit but oh the very best falsehoods is still come with brexit .

Bungling Boris Id rather be dead in a ditch man is a compulsive liar ?

Who was actually sacked from writing a column about the EU for doing exactly that Telling lies .

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/brexit-and-the-workforce/why-are-so-few-brits-prepared-to-pick-fruit/554452.article

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Did you read this paragraph in your link Paul?

It's exactly what most of us is saying

“For decades, the UK has had a visa scheme to allow seasonal workers to work in the country picking fruit and veg for a limited period and then go home again,” says Munday. “This was abolished in 2013 and it needs to be reinstated.”

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Did you read this paragraph in your link Paul?

It's exactly what most of us is saying

John.

And you think they will flock back here they are already here we will need volunteers off here ? wage levels in other countries have overtook us-your forgetting the 10 years of Tory austerity John is to why wages are where they are now and yes the public seem to blame the EU how wrong they are but if it it is rammed down your throat 24/7 you beggin to believe it but which we will very soon find out the lies that have been portrayed will be very soon exposed . Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

And you think they will flock back here they are already here we will need volunteers off here wage levels in other countries have overtook us-your forgetting the 10 years of Tory austerity John is to why wages are where they are now and yes the public seem to blame the EU how wrong they are but if it it is rammed down your throat 24/7 you beggin to believe it but which we will very soon find out the lies that have been portrayed will be very soon exposed .

The article boasts about wages for fruit picking being between £300 and £500 per week, plus often accommodation thrown in. If they can earn more than that back home, then no amount of incentives will entice them back here. The article doesn't blame wages, it attempts to blame the assumed goals of those who voted for Brexit. As I and many others on here have said, we don't have a problem with immigration, or seasonal workers coming over here. We do have a problem with not having any control who, or how many do come over. It's the spin from the media, and 'interested parties' that creates all this hype, and supposed ill feeling over Brexit.

As I keep saying to you, 'Lies from both sides', and you believe just as many lies as you think others do, but refuse to see those that you think add weight to your argument.

John.

• Like 1

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

The article boasts about wages for fruit picking being between £300 and £500 per week, plus often accommodation thrown in. If they can earn more than that back home, then no amount of incentives will entice them back here. The article doesn't blame wages, it attempts to blame the assumed goals of those who voted for Brexit. As I and many others on here have said, we don't have a problem with immigration, or seasonal workers coming over here. We do have a problem with not having any control who, or how many do come over. It's the spin from the media, and 'interested parties' that creates all this hype, and supposed ill feeling over Brexit.

As I keep saying to you, 'Lies from both sides', and you believe just as many lies as you think others do, but refuse to see those that you think add weight to your argument.

John.

John I have nothing to defend I didnt vote brexit you did we know what we have now its what we are going to get after brexit which is under scrutiny.

John its in black and white that workers rights are going to be Watered down after Brexit do you honest think those affected workforce would have voted brexit if they knew this before the vote a man with a wooden head wouldnt do it unless they are bonkers or just maybe deceived is more probable .

I tell you what big trouble is on the horizon with brexit workers will be outraged whrn they realise what Is about to hit them especially imposed by those who now take no part in the U.K. workforce.

?. https://newsthump.com/2019/10/28/tv-fans-delighted-as-brexit-renewed-for-yet-another-season/

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

John I have nothing to defend I didnt vote brexit you did we know what we have now its what we are going to get after brexit which is under scrutiny.

John its in black and white that workers rights are going to be Watered down after Brexit do you honest think those affected workforce would have voted brexit if they knew this before the vote a man with a wooden head wouldnt do it unless they are bonkers or just maybe deceived is more probable .

I tell you what big trouble is on the horizon with brexit workers will be outraged whrn they realise what Is about to hit them especially imposed by those who now take no part in the U.K. workforce.

. https://newsthump.com/2019/10/28/tv-fans-delighted-as-brexit-renewed-for-yet-another-season/

Who said anything about you having to defend how you voted Paul? We were talking about the article in 'The Grocer', and it's view on immigrant labour, but if you feel the need to change the subject, then ok.

I think that's another £35 million on the side of a red bus Paul. I read the article and saw some Labour spin on a 'leaked' paper, coincidently leaked by Labour. It says that 'it is open to interpretation'. You interpret it to suit what you want to believe, and prompted by some words from a few Labour MPs, take it as a cast iron fact, everyone who disagrees is a liar. You only see what you want to see, or are led to see.

The one thing you don't seem to have ever had an opinion on, is what you think the future holds for the UK if we stay in the EU.

John.

Who said anything about you having to defend how you voted Paul? We were talking about the article in 'The Grocer', and it's view on immigrant labour, but if you feel the need to change the subject, then ok.

I think that's another £35 million on the side of a red bus Paul. I read the article and saw some Labour spin on a 'leaked' paper, coincidently leaked by Labour. It says that 'it is open to interpretation'. You interpret it to suit what you want to believe, and prompted by some words from a few Labour MPs, take it as a cast iron fact, everyone who disagrees is a liar. You only see what you want to see, or are led to see.

The one thing you don't seem to have ever had an opinion on, is what you think the future holds for the UK if we stay in the EU.

John.

We John just watched dispatches on trumps great trade deal for Britain after brexit and what a horror it portrays the us pharmaceutical industry has being spending billions lobbys trump to get Britain to pay substantially more for there drugs after brexit and as trump says America first.

If we pay the same as the price as any American pays for the same drugs that we pay substantially less for here in the U.K. it could add over 20 £billion to the NHS bill wiping out any moneys saved by brexit in fact it will make us far worse off financially with brexit when a reporter trued to interview anybody from the us pharmaceutical industry any interviews were declined this is just the tip of the iceberg with what brexit is going to give us just what will the public say when the cats is out of the bag .

They will be shouting lock them up !!!! ?

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Well Chesters you say EU Nationals dont contribute to our economy you are totally wrong just how do you work that out exactly , UK workers how would they make a bigger contributions if they rent or claim any benefits than EU workers who generally work 60,70 80 hours a week fruit picking something UK workers may not want to do and pay tax and national insurance contributions the farmers have a different view to you and who are the experts on this subject.

Because of brexit fruit prices will rise not go gown as fruit is left to rot in the fields because of the lack of pickers just one of many home goals with Brexit but oh the very best falsehoods is still come with brexit .

Bungling Boris Id rather be dead in a ditch man is a compulsive liar ?

Who was actually sacked from writing a column about the EU for doing exactly that Telling lies .

https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/brexit-and-the-workforce/why-are-so-few-brits-prepared-to-pick-fruit/554452.article

Where did i say EU nationals didnt contribute ,your blinkers are seeing what you want to see ,read it again i said "anyone" on basic wage isnt contributing except for NI ,moreover a great number are claiming for dependants so it becomes a greater negative this applies to uk workers aswell as EU ones

Why are so many uk workers unwilling to pick fruit ,going by experience the wages are crap ,the hours long ,the job short lived and the accomodation only fit for pigs

Crops are already left to rot the farmers destroy all the crops unsuitable for the buyers and also to artificially keep the prices high for the crop they can sell on !

Do you really think we eat british crops all the time ,look at your fruit and veg it comes from all over the planet brexit isnt going to effect grapes from chile or carrots from africa except in your head!

Uk growers dont want to supply goods as cheap as foreign goods they want cheap labour to maximise profits ,in my opinion they can all go broke the world is full of food and once we are out of the clutches of the EU we will be allowed to buy it and not under the EU level playing field to stop internal competition or rather other members undercutting germany or france by buying it cheaper and selling it on

You still cannot get it into your thick head any MP will lie from all parties if it suits their agenda and more probably their wallet!

The UK has always been ripped off in lots of cases ,i was talking to a german couple when lidl opened in farnham and they said the prices were 2.5 times the price back home ,half the world overcharges us so they can compete in their home countries with lower prices

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Where did i say EU nationals didnt contribute ,your blinkers are seeing what you want to see ,read it again i said "anyone" on basic wage isnt contributing except for NI ,moreover a great number are claiming for dependants so it becomes a greater negative this applies to uk workers aswell as EU ones

Why are so many uk workers unwilling to pick fruit ,going by experience the wages are crap ,the hours long ,the job short lived and the accomodation only fit for pigs

Crops are already left to rot the farmers destroy all the crops unsuitable for the buyers and also to artificially keep the prices high for the crop they can sell on !

Do you really think we eat british crops all the time ,look at your fruit and veg it comes from all over the planet brexit isnt going to effect grapes from chile or carrots from africa except in your head!

Uk growers dont want to supply goods as cheap as foreign goods they want cheap labour to maximise profits ,in my opinion they can all go broke the world is full of food and once we are out of the clutches of the EU we will be allowed to buy it and not under the EU level playing field to stop internal competition or rather other members undercutting germany or france by buying it cheaper and selling it on

You still cannot get it into your thick head any MP will lie from all parties if it suits their agenda and more probably their wallet!

The UK has always been ripped off in lots of cases ,i was talking to a german couple when lidl opened in farnham and they said the prices were 2.5 times the price back home ,half the world overcharges us so they can compete in their home countries with lower prices

So food will be cheaper fantasy check no fact check take with one hand and then take with the another and of corse we all live off grapes and honey and what about all the rest !!! ?

And what about the billions thats could be added to the NHS bill extra cash for the NHS after brexit I dont think so the biggest pile of Shiite I have every heard there will be less cash available not more After brexit lie after lie after lie now being exposed with the brexit con £27 billion could be Added to the NHS bill if we fall inline with what we pay if brought up to the same price as US consumer pays fir the same drugs what a result that would be brexit no a severe bout of brexshit .and thjs isn't on the brexit fantasys list this is reality .

https://inews.co.uk/news/health/nhs-drugs-cost-brexit-trade-deal-usa-820816

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-would-food-be-cheaper-in-a-no-deal-brexit

And of course this how boris Johnson conned the British fishing industry love it just love it .what a snake.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics/2019/10/18/boris-johnsons-deal-could-completely-wipe-british-fishing-industry/

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg