Ultimate bobbin

Kappa

How do you use sink chains as a bobbin? Sounds interesting...

Not for the bobbin itself, but as the connecting cord :)

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Budgie - and anyone else! - did you say before you'd found 4mm aluminium tube in the lengths we need? I've now been to DIY shops (big and small), tackle shops and model shops, and the best I could find was lengths of 12" in a model shop. I can get 6mm in B&Q (which might have to do) but I really want 4mm as it's lighter and will fit perfectly into the hinges I have.

Bream season is approaching, I'm running out of time!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Thanks Budgie. Getting a bit bored of it all now! I'll see if the 6mm is OK for mine (no counterweight, so may be a bit too heavy). If not, that's what I'll use. I can get that at B&Q. If it is I might stick 2 12" lengths of the 4mm together with a short piece of smaller diameter solid rod.

Or just use my bobbins with a swan shot on the cord :rolleyes::D

Well the rod pod has now been modded to take an adjustable bracket for the swingers. May have to find some longer short sticks to give a bit more height adjustment but not sure about that yet. The pod will give me a lot more versatility but will now need to make some feet for it to suit a landing stage. Apart from that, all I need to do now is fine tune the length of the swingers behind the fulcrum pin, tidy up the corners on the adjustable brackets and get to work with a bit of matt black paint. Back to fitting the downstairs shower and toilet. Now Amderoo, that is boring :D

post-8110-1269685155_thumb.jpgpost-8110-1269685173_thumb.jpg

post-8110-1269685190_thumb.jpg

Not as boring as hoovering and cleaning the bathroom... :rolleyes:

Me and Rich went to B&Q earlier, and I now have the lengths of 6mm ali tube I need - hooray! So I have one last job to do and then they're finished (two actually, I might paint them black at some point). Nearly there.

I don't need the whole 1m lengths of the ali tube so I'm going to something Rich suggested, make 2 sets of arms for each swinger, one long and one short. They just push into the hinges so are easily changed over.

And the cat appears to like them :)

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

And the cat appears to like them :)

I hadn't noticed that! I think I'll jump on that bandwagon and try to my cat in a picture too :D (She had two teeth taken out yesterday and is feeling a bit sorry for herself :( )

Anyway, bobbins...