Big bream

Anderoo

lutra - just curoisty what make is the masher that you're using?

Sorry there is no name on it just a patent number (uk 2287174) which i googled and this was one of the things that came up.

Ive had mine a few years a mate got it me and im not sure from where, but it is good.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fox, so your safe to get it Andrew. :rolleyes::D

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

This Might be better for you, but i only payed about a fiver for mine.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Fox, so your safe to get it Andrew. :rolleyes::D

John.

Very funny John! :P:P:D

Actually, I was thinking that Budgie will go and buy one on ebay then he be asking me for do it (the chopping) for him everytime we go there! :rolleyes:

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

Thanks Andrew saved me hunting for it!

You can store topics for posting on later or just to make them easier to find:

1) Whilst looking at a topic click "Options" near the top of the page on the right under "New Topic".

2) On the drop down menu click "Track this page".

3) Choose from the menu. I usually opt for no e-mails.

4) Click "proceed".

The topic is then stored. To retrieve it:

1) Click "My Controls" on the right near the top of the page.

2) In the left hand menu under "Subscriptions" click "View Topics".

3) In "Current Subscriptions" click on the one you want.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

Do we have anyone on the forum with in depth knowledge of animal behaviour patterns? I ask because I wonder at what point does a certain fishes behaviour pass from random event to generally accepted normal behaviour? What percentage threshold with what minimum occurrence value? By that I mean if person A catches twice on (e.g) slugs, is it a given that bream like slugs, or is it possible that these are random unconnected one-off events?

Could you not overlay Anderoo's large map with a grid and use a grid reference system for location? You could also show slices through the lake to show depth, heck, you could even model that in 3D on the PC.

Edited to remove information which could be used to identify the lake.

P.S. Have you thought of entering all catch reports into a member accessible searchable database showing all pertinent info, and with the ability to produce charts and graphs.

Edited by Angly

Geoff

I've been scouring the web looking for anything useful on big bream fishing, and the only useful thing I saw repeated again and again was that bream of any size are not hard to hook due to the way they feed. Because they tip up, take a small mouthful and then right themselves each time, any kind of bolt rig is almost guarenteed to work. It seems to be pretty much accepted that tench are one of the hardest species to hook because they feed in the opposite way - tipped up for ages at a time without righting themselves. It's the righting themselves which is the important thing, and what causes the bolt rigs to be so successful. This seems to be the reason why carpers are pestered by bream - if they take the bait, they get hooked, unlike tench or indeed carp.

It's also accepted that if you have a rig which consistently hooks tench, you have a very effective rig, which makes sense.

(The other noticable theme was the endless blanking! I read about one bloke who was fishing for big gravel pit bream and is currently up to 1,500 hours without a bite.)

This is enough to confirm to me that rigs are way down the list of things to get right, as long as they have a heavy enough lead, sharp hook, short hooklength, and don't tangle.

It also convinces me that if you've got the location and baiting right, and you don't scare them, you'll probably catch one.

So, rigs get a tick, no need to worry about them. Hookbaits also get a tick, I'm happy with those too. Baiting gets a tick, I'm confident that I know what and how much to use, and how to get it out there.

All that's left is location! I spoke to Steve earlier, and he said that he thinks the bream, at some point, visit every swim in the lake. I think he's right. There must be a way to piece together the location problem based on wind, temperature, and undertow. That's the challenge this season.

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music