Buying or not?

gozzer

Whether it's a lottery ticket or a tin of beans, they may have it available but they are under no obligation to sell it to anyone.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Interesting thread this as it opens up all sorts of retail laws that are very much in grey areas in fact the GP really do not know half their rights and sometimes i wish they would read the relevent law acts ( sales and goods and trades description etc etc) and many would be quite astonished on what rights they have and will wonder why they have been hood winked for many years.

I could go through a long long list but i am sure they will be along soon but some of you might be quite surprised

Sorry , not kidnapping the thread just throwing a angle in there to do with retail and their laws

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

Interesting thread this as it opens up all sorts of retail laws that are very much in grey areas in fact the GP really do not know half their rights and sometimes i wish they would read the relevent law acts ( sales and goods and trades description etc etc) and many would be quite astonished on what rights they have and will wonder why they have been hood winked for many years.

I could go through a long long list but i am sure they will be along soon but some of you might be quite surprised

Sorry , not kidnapping the thread just throwing a angle in there to do with retail and their laws

Don't worry about kidnapping threads Dave, I've found that they tend to drift in and out of the original subject anyway.

Although I started this as a little light hearted moan, I have found it interesting. Different scenarios keep coming to my mind, (sad I know), such as, if you ordered something, and dropped the money. If a child then picked it up and placed it on the counter for the assistant to pick up, it would seem that the law has been broken again!

I know common sense should prevail, but I've not found it to be as common as it's name suggests.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

You missed a bit or i misread it

"The general position when contracting with a minor

In order to form a legally binding contract the general elements of a contract must be present, for example there must have been an offer, acceptance and an intention to form a legally binding contract. Without all of these elements being in place a contract will not be legally binding.

If all these elements are in place a contract with be legally binding, however, the law presumes that certain people do not have the power to enter into a contract. If you have the above elements and enter into a contract with one of the following kinds of people the contract will be void:

Children under 7 years of age

People who are diagnosed as mentally insane

People whose judgement has been impaired by being very drunk or drugged

There is no exception in the law along the above lines for a minor meaning that a minor is free to enter into a contract with the contract being legally valid.

However, there is an assumption made by the law that a minor cannot fully understand the implications of a contract"

Hence their ability to void it. So you can enter a contract with a minor over 7, and they can hold you to it, but you can't hold them to it.

Is a reciept a valid form of purchase from a retailer ?

When it says 'Sale' in the shop window and it says 'no returns' is this valid?

If you are formally out on a xmas work party and a employee steals something from a third party is the employer liable or partly liable or not at all?

If you see a fishing reel on the wrong hook priced up much cheaper as at that price it is what the price should be on there for whatever is being sold on that peg can you have that reel at that price?

Can the shop owner refuse to give it to you at the lower price .?

If not what does he have to do to refuse to sell it to you?

Retail law in the main is geared up for the customer but most of the time they just are not aware of it

Is a reciept a valid form of purchase from a retailer ?

When it says 'Sale' in the shop window and it says 'no returns' is this valid?

If you are formally out on a xmas work party and a employee steals something from a third party is the employer liable or partly liable or not at all?

If you see a fishing reel on the wrong hook priced up much cheaper as at that price it is what the price should be on there for whatever is being sold on that peg can you have that reel at that price?

Can the shop owner refuse to give it to you at the lower price .?

If not what does he have to do to refuse to sell it to you?

Retail law in the main is geared up for the customer but most of the time they just are not aware of it

Its the invitation to treat i mentioned the shop keeper does not have to sell at the shelf price if he doesnt want to and you can haggle if you wish to get it for less ,generally though the shelf price is the price the store will except but you can haggle if you wish .the agreed price is the price you pay.

You dont need a receipt to return goods but its easier to have one ,lawfully you can demand a refund only if the goods are faulty not because they dont fit or you just dont like it .EXCEPT on online purchases where you rights are different.

Just because something is bought in a sale the seller cannot circumvent your rights by inserting clauses if the item is a commercial business and the item is new .BUT you cannot take it back if you know the faults were there ,you contracted to buy it knowing the faults existed if ofcourse it was pointed out previously.

I just got a refund from lidl customer help for batteries i bought that didnt meed the expectations they claimed ,no receipts but luckily it was a lidl only item ,it would not be so easy for duracells etc without the receipt but technically you dont need one but more difficult to prove it was bought there without

We also have an odd 6 year 'warranty' on electrical items based on 'expectations' but its generally unknown and certainly not admitted to by retailers ,its there in law but definitely difficult to get companies to cough up using it.

There is also 'fit for purpose' if you bought a pair of shoes in a sale and one heel was missing its not fit for purpose so you can return it

Not sure what the theft bit has to do with shopping? But i guess its no different having your bag pinched on the high street you cannot expect the council to take responsibility for your negligence or someone elses greed?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

In the main right Chesters although in many cases in fact almost all theere are huge grey areas and every case has to be looked at.

The company is in part responsable for the xmas party do ...

just got in from a few days down devon with the missus and the boy. We'll he's now a man as he has just turned 18. so in the pub we go and ordered 3 drinks, where's his I d?

As he doesn't have a licence the only I d he has is his passport. Certainly didn't have that with us. No I d, no drinks, after my missus told him that he is 18. so we turned around and left, never to return.

So as parents we conspire to break the law in the pub attendants view?

Just a shame he didn't start pouring the drinks.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

just got in from a few days down devon with the missus and the boy. We'll he's now a man as he has just turned 18. so in the pub we go and ordered 3 drinks, where's his I d?

As he doesn't have a licence the only I d he has is his passport. Certainly didn't have that with us. No I d, no drinks, after my missus told him that he is 18. so we turned around and left, never to return.

So as parents we conspire to break the law in the pub attendants view?

Just a shame he didn't start pouring the drinks.

He's a big boy now. He should be able to get himself one of those.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote