diesel ban looms

barry luxton

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38274792

Kinnek only just got rid of the petrol estate this year after many years of no issues.

Swapped it for a newer version, this time diesel.

The last car was taxed at 275 per year as I assumed it pumped out lots of nasty fumes and that is why the car tax was high.

This one is taxed at 30 per year, yup just 30 quid and I assumed that it was due to the fumes it doesn't pump out.

Now they are asking for a scappage scheme to be introduced. It ain't even old enough for the oil in it to change colour,

and still has manufacturers warranty on it.

• Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I can't see it happening in my lifetime Barry, but I don't want to go to London anyway, having got out years ago I've no desire to go back.

They might be able to do something about buses, but the big transport companies won't give in quietly.

Does your vehicle use Diesel Exhaust Fluid (I think AdBlue® is the most common in your area) ? If so it almost certainly emits way fewer NOx pollutants than any petrol auto. Its a requirement here for any newer vehicles including buses.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

wow, thanks for that, the answer is no based on additional lights and dials required. what a fab idea and why hasn't this taken off if it's as good as it says it is?

The greenies should be promoting this product and system to ensure all vehicles are fitted with it as opposed to banning all vehicles with wheels

wondering if at some stage it can be fitted retrospectively.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Most lorries now use it generally its a smaller blue filling cap near the tank ,the trouble is its the particulates which is the biggest concern i wonder why mr dyson hadn't invented a filter system to catch them so they can be disposed of safely?

Wonder where the blue stuff goes ? Into the fuel line somewhere i would presume? so why not a version like redex where you can put it directly in the tank? Or if its that easy why isnt it in diesel by law?

As for banning thats nothing new when the LEZ zone was imposes a few hundred campervan owners couldnt take their trusty motorhomes off the drive because they were to old to have the upgrade to be within the law a £1000 pounds a day fine put an end to their holidaying.

I expect somewhere behind it all is some battery maker passing round fat brown envelopes probably the same lot that now has low energy bulbs a vastly more expensive cost that cannot be recycled in every home

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

wow, thanks for that, the answer is no based on additional lights and dials required. what a fab idea and why hasn't this taken off if it's as good as it says it is?

The greenies should be promoting this product and system to ensure all vehicles are fitted with it as opposed to banning all vehicles with wheels

wondering if at some stage it can be fitted retrospectively.

:clap3: I think it would be far more effective if they banned dirty, smelly buses, taxis and lorries instead of reasonably clean cars. It's not health they're worried about, it's profits for the bus and taxi companies. :clap3:

Most lorries now use it generally its a smaller blue filling cap near the tank ,the trouble is its the particulates which is the biggest concern i wonder why mr dyson hadn't invented a filter system to catch them so they can be disposed of safely?

Wonder where the blue stuff goes ? Into the fuel line somewhere i would presume? so why not a version like redex where you can put it directly in the tank? Or if its that easy why isnt it in diesel by law?

As for banning thats nothing new when the LEZ zone was imposes a few hundred campervan owners couldnt take their trusty motorhomes off the drive because they were to old to have the upgrade to be within the law a £1000 pounds a day fine put an end to their holidaying.

I expect somewhere behind it all is some battery maker passing round fat brown envelopes probably the same lot that now has low energy bulbs a vastly more expensive cost that cannot be recycled in every home

:hammer: There is a filter installed but it gets blocked and is inconvenient and fairly expensive to replace so lorry and bus drivers just remove it. Don't know about cars. After the news that thousands of Volkswagon and Audi diesel cars had their software tampered with to give false emission readings allowing cars emitting illegal amounts of pollution to be on the roads, none have been withdrawn and no dealers prosecuted, how's that???? :hammer:

I don't know what emissions they actually test for on the MOT but when I had my BMW (diesel) tested (twice, before I sold it) the results were too low to record, and that had done 135000 miles when I moved it on.