Election time again

Ken L

I wouldn't say it was fake - her husband works for a large investment company, which has a portfolio of assets which includes shares in some of the companies that use practices May wants to stop.

I'm not sure it's news, or scandalous, he's not involved in that part of the business and doesn't make investment decisions, he's a client relationship person (jumped up salesman). It's more interesting that the RT is spinning against May.

Now I read an artickle in the mail recently about Corbyn relationship with the IRA he openly talked to them and was heavily condemned but wait a minuite previous governments Tory and labour did just that but underground here is a link from the mail then read the other .

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4334446/amp/Corbyn-pays-warm-tribute-IRA-killer-Martin-McGuinness.html

The searing hypocrisy of the right-wing "Corbyn talked to the IRA" brigade

One of the most commonly occurring personal attack points that right-wingers use against Jeremy Corbyn is that he openly talked to the IRA in the 1980s and '90s.

The problem with this right-wing narrative (like with so many other right-wing narratives) is that it's totally undermined by facts and reality.

These people know that Corbyn talked to the IRA because he did it openly, but at the very same time Corbyn was openly talking to the IRA the political establishment were conducting secret backdoor deals with them.

In 1972 the Tory government of Edward Heath conducted secret negotiations with the IRA. The truth was only revealed in 2003.

Margaret Thatcher always used to insist that she did not negotiate with terrorists, but in 2011 declassified documents revealed that that's exactly what she did. She negotiated with the IRA in 1981 during the hunger strikes, and the documents detailing the negotiating position of the UK government even featured annotations in her handwriting!

Thatcher also gave her personal approval to secret talks with the IRA in 1990 too. So much for her not negotiating with terrorists rhetoric eh?

In 1993 the revelation that John Major's government had been conducting secret talks with the IRA created a huge political scandal, with several Tory MPs (who were clearly unaware of Thatcher's secret talks with the IRA) reacting with horror at the revelation that the not negotiating with terrorists line was a total lie.

In 2008 it was revealed that the UK government maintained a secret back channel to talk with the IRA for two decades all the way from 1973 and 1993.

From 1997 onward Tony Blair's government conducted negotiations with the IRA that eventually led to the Good Friday Agreement, the power-sharing deal and the successful deescalation of the troubles. During this process Tony Blair had secret talks with the IRA in 1999.

In 2010 an Tory peer called David James openly admitted that he had a history of secretly laundering money for the IRA. He still sits in the unelected House of Lords as a Tory peer!

It's astoundingly hypocritical for right-wingers to slam Corbyn for having openly talked to the IRA when the political establishment they're defending were doing the same thing in but in secret for decades. But then hypocrisy (which stems from fact-aversion and immunity to cognitive dissonance) is an extremely common trait amongst right-wingers, and especially extreme right-wingers isn't it?

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

An alternative view of Corbyn's IRA links might suggest that there is a difference between a government negotiating peace with terrorists and a politician cheerleading their cause.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/jeremy-corbyn-should-not-be-allowed-to-rewrite-the-history-of-his-support-for-the-ira/#

An alternative view of Corbyn's IRA links might suggest that there is a difference between a government negotiating peace with terrorists and a politician cheerleading their cause.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/05/jeremy-corbyn-should-not-be-allowed-to-rewrite-the-history-of-his-support-for-the-ira/#

Many different views loads of hypocrisy.

Untitled-1.jpg

I don't see it as hypocritical to say that the government should negotiate for peace with our enemies but MPs should not share platforms with them or be involved with movements which condone their actions.

Vote Tory ? Over £5000 per second a Hugh record our national dept is growing .

http://www.nationaldebtclock.co.uk/

Thats the trouble when you give better quality of life to the poor you have to borrow more to fill the trough

Where would you suggest cutting back? Out of work Benefits? In work benefits ? Disabled peoples benefits ?Health? Education ? Pensions? Bribes to foreign companies to employ people in this country when its cheaper elswhere? Definately foreign aid but thats a drop in the ocean.

The trouble is the more poor people you help by moving up the basic tax minimum the less tax you get from them in the end they only pay NI but you find thats not enough because they also claim in work benefits ,all those minimum wage foreigners get exactly the same as ours do so cheap labour has a dramatic side effect the only people gaining are the employers who get away with not raising wages to attract workers so wages stay low .

Labours only method seems to be clobbering the rich ,that cobblers if you threaten the rich they simply move to Monaco and pay even less ,pointless threatening companies they will simply move elswhere so labour will innthe end clobber the poor like all parties end up doing because they dont have the option of moving or have tax consultants who can get you low tax rates ,the tories make the rich richer and the porr poorer and labour makes everyone poorer it is and has always been so it will never change thats what you get when you put sharks in charge of the fish shop

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Chesters the rich ain't paying there fair share of tax now they are dodging it ,plenty Registered abroad have you seen the gap widening between the very wealthy the bottom end it's massive which duke is it who has just saved over 3 billion in tax enough to clear the NHS deficit and you get £100 fine for being late in getting your return done come on something drastically wrong .

And in 2010 when labour left office we were 700 billion in dept if I aren't mistaken in 2017 it's 1900 billon now if you do your maths has austerity worked a flat no this government have failed very badly since you posted our dept has increased £75,000 .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Wise up if the rich paid the same as everyone else they wouldnt be rich

I dont make up the rules you obviously are happy with them or you wouldnt vote the scum in who bring them in

Is it just rich tories you hate? Theres plenty of red rich as well

Whoops better put a link in one wouldnt get ones point over if one didn't

And ofcourse its widly known if someone puts a link to anything similar to what a person is saying it must be 100% irrefutably true

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-3367482/Are-Corbyn-s-rich-kid-revolutionaries-REAL-posh-boys-politics-Labour-moderate-SIMON-DANCZUK-savages-party-s-new-hard-left-elite.html

Still whining hopefully brexit is forgotten now you can whine about the rich ,whats next handsome people? People with bigger boats ,mercedes? The weather in nova scotia? god i hope your not married i feel sorry for your mrs is there anything you do like?

Get a grip if rich people didnt employ poor people poor people would be poorer!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson