Catch reports

Si...

[Quote]

If your having difficulty seeing your floating bait being taken at range, you could just use a self cocker, like a drennan puddle chucker float etc. I know the line comes off the bottom and might cause your line to sink and pull the bait toward the float etc, if it does just recast more often. You could even use a ruber on the top of the float, so the line comes off the top and see how it casts.

There used to be designated floats made specially for this purpose, maybe someone can point one out for you?....i've looked for them on ebay but can't see any.

[/Quote]

I think you mean floats like the one below (surface controllers) which we’ve  been using for many decades for surface floating baits

https://www.summerlands-tackle.co.uk/drennan-surface-controllers-5-10-15-and-20gr.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIo9a79afM7wIVR53VCh3_Pg9lEAQYCCABEgL_UfD_BwE

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Can also use a Bubble Float - Loaded with a few shot if you can't get down to the water to fill it. (The shot also provides a bit of a rattle - simulating feed going in)

I've had a few Carp using These!! (Chicken & Duck Breast Cat Treats) They Float Nicely, They're Freeze dried & firm, yet soft enough to hook - not messy to use.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjmxN_V9c_vAhW0YOYKHZt-BUYYABAHGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESQeD2krPWCcuwFetAd-4sVyADPyIN3H3R0HO4OWkd_RgWR_Y_wcXsUE-gy6D2yzdju3EAmK2rZ-SOEVXKYnNjQCMw&sig=AOD64_1NFiVxPEvqZuGgeVb54c0_WR3eFg&ctype=5&q=&ved=2ahUKEwjegtjV9c_vAhXyQxUIHX4gDrMQ9aACegQIARBw&adurl=

Edited by Martin56
  • Like 1

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

I like bubble floats  ,great for getting crust into lilly pads or filled up a bit more weight casting a whitebait in to the edge of reeds.Half filled the become a weight and a float ! Underused bits of kit !

• Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• 2 months later...

It was a bit cloudy and slightly cooler today so my son and I decided to have a few hours this evening after a couple of Carp on a club lake before the weather gets any hotter; as we’re due a scorcher of a weekend.

However when we got there we almost had the lake to ourselves which surprised us a bit as there have been some good Carp coming out over the last few months (before they started to spawn; and which we thought had now finished); We didn’t see any surface movement from any Carp; and unusually our baits were not being eagerly swallowed by any Carp either; however I did get one take but it was not from a Carp; it was from a Wells Catfish and although I dislike catfish with a vengeance (especially as some nutter decided to stock them into the lake illegally) at least it saved me a blank; and it did put up a fairly good fight; but I would much rather it had been a Carp or a Tench ?

FDA674-DE-965-F-4284-8073-E798-CCE628-A1

Keith

image.gif

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

On 6/11/2021 at 12:12 AM, BoldBear said:

It was a bit cloudy and slightly cooler today so my son and I decided to have a few hours this evening after a couple of Carp on a club lake before the weather gets any hotter; as we’re due a scorcher of a weekend.

However when we got there we almost had the lake to ourselves which surprised us a bit as there have been some good Carp coming out over the last few months (before they started to spawn; and which we thought had now finished); We didn’t see any surface movement from any Carp; and unusually our baits were not being eagerly swallowed by any Carp either; however I did get one take but it was not from a Carp; it was from a 27lb Catfish and although I dislike catfish with a vengeance (especially as some nutter decided to stock them into the lake illegally) at least it saved me a blank; and it did put up a fairly good fight; but I would much rather it had been a Carp or a Tench ?

FDA674-DE-965-F-4284-8073-E798-CCE628-A1

Keith

image.gif

Blimey how old ARE you ,your son looks like hes nearing pension age (note i said nearing lol)

Unusually long thin cat perhaps its not mastered eating double figure carp yet

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

21 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Blimey how old ARE you ,your son looks like hes nearing pension age (note i said nearing lol)

Unusually long thin cat perhaps its not mastered eating double figure carp yet

That old geezer in the pic that’s holding the cat is me (not my son who’s 41 now) ?

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

LoL i guessed ,my sons about the same age but handsome and thin unlike his dad ,and yes i am not exactly sure how old he is either ,i forget my age nevermind the kids

Edited by chesters1
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2021 at 6:11 PM, chesters1 said:

LoL i guessed ,my sons about the same age but handsome and thin unlike his dad ,and yes i am not exactly sure how old he is either ,i forget my age nevermind the kids

That's the biggest rubber catfish I've ever seen. I'd love to know the address of the joke shop he purchased it from. 

• 2 months later...

Had another evening on the same lake after Carp and caught a couple of small Carp of around 10lb to 12lb-ish and then just as I was going to start packing up I caught another Wells Catfish which felt and looked a little bit heavier than the last one that I caught here a few weeks ago.

Apparently they were illegally stocked into a reservoir further upstream and they spread downstream into this lake.

hopefully they’ll have another netting party soon to catch and remove them; however meanwhile we are putting any that we catch into a large submerged pen ready to be taken away. 

OK yes I did enjoy catching it as it did put up a tremendous fight; however I’d much rather have caught a 20lb Carp which is what I was trying to catch; or a 7lb Tench.

89-DCC644-7609-4228-8-D39-FBA957-DF7-B7-

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 2