Should we have left the EU?

John S

7 hours ago, big_cod said:

Round and round we go denial, so  stop blaming covid then when the  problems I am identifying started to occur from brexit day .

Lets import beef and lamb from Australia when you can import on your doorstep brexit backwardness  and destroy your farming undustry at the same time  what  a .cracking result for Britain ?? plenty of hormones in the  beef coming your way .

When was the last time you bought British beef or lamb?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

9 hours ago, Ken L said:

Silly question the answer will be yesterday whether he did or not .

Seeing as 86% of imported beef comes from ireland we could get round the EU red tape (and make ireland moan losing 50% of their exports at a stroke) and import from oz most probably far cheaper as the EU wouldnt be inflating the price! it depends on the skill of the deal maker who going by history are not up to the job.

When i worked for a wholesale warehouse we were selling so much NZ lamb the company had to buy a freezer lorry container bit to hold it as the warehouse freezer was too small to hold weeks worth ,no complaints then ,then we joined the EU and were told where to buy it from  ?

Blimey thinking of lamb (or rather the cloth they were wrapped in ) reminds me of bra less girls wearing cheesecloth shirts such delights dont occur today?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

10 hours ago, Ken L said:

Last week a few fillet steaks my mate has a butchers and gets his cattle slathered at the local abattoir. A few fresh cod loins a perfect swap and you Ken from the supermarkets .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Silly question the answer will be yesterday whether he did or not .

Seeing as 86% of imported beef comes from ireland we could get round the EU red tape (and make ireland moan losing 50% of their exports at a stroke) and import from oz most probably far cheaper as the EU wouldnt be inflating the price! it depends on the skill of the deal maker who going by history are not up to the job.

When i worked for a wholesale warehouse we were selling so much NZ lamb the company had to buy a freezer lorry container bit to hold it as the warehouse freezer was too small to hold weeks worth ,no complaints then ,then we joined the EU and were told where to buy it from  ?

Blimey thinking of lamb (or rather the cloth they were wrapped in ) reminds me of bra less girls wearing cheesecloth shirts such delights dont occur today?

?????

Untitled-1.jpg

30 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Last week a few fillet steaks my mate has a butchers and gets his cattle slathered at the local abattoir. A few fresh cod loins a perfect swap and you Ken from the supermarkets .

Nearly all of the beef I buy is (or was) Irish. Not that I buy it often. I buy lamb even less frequently. The point is that British lamb and beef is very expensive and typically to be found in speciality butchers that are well outside the price range of the majority.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

38 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Nearly all of the beef I buy is (or was) Irish. Not that I buy it often. I buy lamb even less frequently. The point is that British lamb and beef is very expensive and typically to be found in speciality butchers that are well outside the price range of the majority.

Fish is dearer  £16-£18 kilo for prime cod but fortunately  I get it for nothing, so  a swop for few fillets of prime fresh  locally reared beef is well worth it.

Best butcher around these parts

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Butcher-Shop/Radfords-Butchers-341815429202301/posts/

Now what’s coming is beef loaded with hormones not for me though another home goal on the brexit front...I thought the brexit was about flying the U.K. flag well that is completely untrue as far as brexit is concerned.As being along say  one thing  then do completely the opposite what was promised.Brexiteers shout By British they say now that’s an absolute corker .How many times do they have to hang  themselves they are running out of rope .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

26 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Fish is dearer  £16-£18 kilo for prime cod but fortunately  I get it for nothing, so  a swop for few fillets of prime fresh  locally reared beef is well worth it.

Best butcher around these parts

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/category/Butcher-Shop/Radfords-Butchers-341815429202301/posts/

Now what’s coming is beef loaded with hormones not for me though another home goal on the brexit front...I thought the brexit was about flying the U.K. flag well that is completely untrue as far as brexit is concerned.

And of course, as you spend so much time screeching about corrupt Tories, you're presumably filling all the required MMO paperwork and declaring the transactions for tax purposes.

1 hour ago, Ken L said:

And of course, as you spend so much time screeching about corrupt Tories, you're presumably filling all the required MMO paperwork and declaring the transactions for tax purposes.

? dear me Ken I aren’t a commercial vessel you do know that as practically all charter boats in U.K. aren’t not all  though some have numbers up ,you just keep  assuming  constantly, same as grants I get nothing which I have already explained  that once already  I don’t know why I bother really  , I gave it away for nothing  and they give me something for nothing  , you are a case ?

I can honestly see how brexit got over the line !!!!!

What happened to buy British Ken by the Brexiteers???????? I will tell what happened they are full of **** .hypocrites .

As for the tories they give away millions and millions of tax payers cash  and then get a few bob given to party funds in return .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

13 minutes ago, big_cod said:

? dear me Ken I aren’t a commercial vessel you do know that as practically all charter boats in U.K.  , you just keep  assuming  constantly, same as grants I get nothing which I have already explained  that once already  I don’t know why I bother really  , I gave it away for nothing  and they give me something for nothing  , you are a case ?

I can honestly see how brexit got over the line !!!!!

What happened to buy British Ken by the Brexiteers???????? I will tell what happened they are full of **** .

If you are a recreational vessel, you can keep what you catch, you can give it away, but you can't sell it - and cash or no cash, what you have described is a sale.

11 minutes ago, Ken L said:

If you are a recreational vessel, you can keep what you catch, you can give it away, but you can't sell it - and cash or no cash, what you have described is a sale.

Wrong again Ken wrong again given away for nothing bottom line .Now if your a tory holidays new cars etc etc etc PPE contracts !!!!now that smells like a pile of rotting manure .

You still haven’t answered the buy British slogan by the Brexiteers ???

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg