Should we have left the EU?

John S

39 minutes ago, wotnobivvy said:

Wetherspoons boss denies facing shortage of EU workers - BBC News

Just thought I might add this in reply

Who is lying very very strange 3 pubs I know cant not get staff he has fallon  on his sword well deserved ?I hope it costs Wetherspoons  an almighty  fortune. 

Hospitality has a 395% increase in staff shortages compared to last year how strange ??????     

The telegraph lying ? well I think i know who to believe on this one , hospitality is having a right  nightmare with brexit home goals all over the place .

Make your bed and now it’s reality time tears everywhere ?

https://www.onrec.com/news/news-archive/hospitality-staff-shortage

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

1 minute ago, big_cod said:

Who is lying very very strange 3 pubs I know cant not get staff he had fallon  on his sword well deserved ?I hope it costs them a fortune. 

The telegraph lying well I think o know who to believe on this one , hospitality is having an almighty nightmare with brexit home goals all over the place .

Make your bed and now it’s reality time .

There are solutions other than opening  borders.

You can pay the staff more, in order to recruit more locals.

You can reform the benefit system in order to encourage people to take available work.

With 1.7 million people currently unemployed, I suggest they need a kick up the arse from central government.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 minute ago, Ken L said:

There are solutions other than opening  borders.

You can pay the staff more, in order to recruit more locals.

You can reform the benefit system in order to encourage people to take available work.

With 1.7 million people currently unemployed, I suggest they need a kick up the arse from central government.

As it was predicted staff shortages would occur and its 100% correct costing the economy vasts amounts of revenue .blame what you like brexit is to blame 100% .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

33 minutes ago, big_cod said:

As it was predicted staff shortages would occur and its 100% correct costing the economy vasts amounts of revenue .blame what you like brexit is to blame 100% .

How exactly has it cost the economy "vast amounts of revenue"?

When a young woman comes to the UK to look for low paid work, with her kids in tow, they get preferential access to social housing, housing benefits, universal credit to top up the family income, education for the kids, healthcare for all etc...

Somebody has to pay for all of that!

She is also taking a job that some feckless blob on a council estate could be "encouraged" to take, thereby exacerbating the drain.

Do you think that the 18 hours a week that she spends working in a bar, or in a hotel, or cleaning for minimum wage constitutes a net gain or a net loss to the British exchequer?

• Like 1

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

On a more positive note, I see that the UK is now entering talks to join the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP) -  a free trade agreement between 11 countries around the Pacific Rim.

This is a massive free trade area with no imposition of a single market or customs union - kinda like what we voted to join in 1975, but without the lies about what it is intended to become.

28 minutes ago, Ken L said:

How exactly has it cost the economy "vast amounts of revenue"?

When a young woman comes to the UK to look for low paid work, with her kids in tow, they get preferential access to social housing, housing benefits, universal credit to top up the family income, education for the kids, healthcare for all etc...

Somebody has to pay for all of that!

She is also taking a job that some feckless blob on a council estate could be "encouraged" to take, thereby exacerbating the drain.

Do you think that the 18 hours a week that she spends working in a bar, or in a hotel, or cleaning for minimum wage constitutes a net gain or a net loss to the British exchequer?

So Ken being in pub trade now if you have a pub , restaurant etc etc and you haven’t the staff you can’t open ,now if you have a busy public house restaurant etc and you have a  shortage  of staff your turnover drops as you are not  selling your products fast enough .so turnover drops vat revenue drops straight away for the treasury this is right across the U.K. it’s millions  and millions in lost revenues It’s starts  with suppliers from beer to meat foods etc to restaurants it  all balloons.

You see Ken this was  predicted and it was all scaremongering wrong it’s fact. Another  one on the list of brexit casualties is there any other business left it hasn’t trashed .

This is what brexit has done you cannot argue with the facts .

According to new data from the recruitment site, CV Library1, job postings in April 2021 were up 37% month on month for roles in the hospitality industry, and there was a huge 395% increase compared to the same month last year

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

5 minutes ago, big_cod said:

So Ken being in pub trade now if you have a pub , restaurant etc etc and you haven’t the staff you can’t open ,now if you have a busy public house restaurant etc and you have a  shortage  of staff your turnover drops as you are not  selling your products fast enough .so turnover drops vat revenue drops straight away for the treasury this is right across the U.K. it’s millions  and millions in lost revenues It’s starts  with suppliers from beer to meat foods etc to restaurants it  all balloons.

You see Ken this was  predicted and it was all scaremongering wrong it’s fact. Another  one on the list of brexit casualties is there any other business left it hasn’t trashed .

You haven't answered my question: "How exactly has it cost the economy "vast amounts of revenue"?"

As you your question, I've already covered the solution to recruitment difficulties: "pay the staff more, in order to recruit more locals".

Round and round the troll goes ,when people whine they cant get staff what they mean is they cannot get staff they can exploit to get bigger profits

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Kraft Heinz is intending to plough £140m into its Kitt Green facility - with tomato ketchup, mayonnaise and salad cream being made at the Wigan plant once more.

The production lines that were shifted to Holland 20 years ago are now being moved back to the UK following Brexit.