Coronavirus

Elton

4 hours ago, chesters1 said:

Corperate giants didnt get to be giants by not monopolising the system to their advantage ,think of the billions spent on unknown and unseen things from unknown sources ,money can be made from any opportunity by big companies ,fred blogs flogging flowers is making more money because they are being sent to grieving families death is good to the living not so great for those nearing it clouds have silver linings money will always be made.

Cods whinge about pubs with no beer wasnt that no beer was available it was because brewers couldnt meep up with demand the opposite he was trying to insinuate ,beer suffers in storage (or rather with modern rules and sell by dates) so it wasnt until the pubs reopened brewing for pubs restarted

I have cider in bottles ,cans and those cardboard gallon doodas well over their best by and they are fine but pubs will have a use bye date on theirs ensuring the brewers stay brewing as probably a great number of casks use by dates will have fallen within the lockdown and the rush to restock caused the shortage not some brexit shortage of beer cod wants us to believe as most are made here under licence 

I do love those experts who seem to think they know everything when they are wrong .

The reason we didn’t get our full delivery was a shortage of drivers in the chain of delivery.

But it’s not just associated with beer there is a shortage of drivers it’s right across the U.K. , the haulage industry is having  massive problems as we speak .That's unless your brother in law isn’t telling you the truth .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Bro in law out of the haulage business his "romanian" drivers were albanian ,so drawing attention to his exploits he passed the business on to an third party and takes a back seat, officialy now in scrap business running that from somewhere warm LOL

Perhaps 30,000 cancelled hgv tests helped but you will find it was the rush to drink beer caught the brewers out they tend to have their own delivery people so are not dependant on outside drivers ,google is your friend you believe links heres one i myself dont give a crap if its true or not its must opinion ,you know what everything you base your posts on is

https://www.thedrinksbusiness.com/2021/04/pubs-face-draught-beer-shortage-after-huge-surge-in-demand/

And if you dont believe a filthy british overview because it doesnt agree with your agenda heres one of your foreign mates ,no mention of lorry drivers at all

https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/business/167570/uk-on-verge-of-beer-shortage-as-brewers-struggle-to-keep-up-with-demand-england-brewers-pub-terraces-bars-restaurants-belgium-ab-inbew-stella-artois/

Have you considered  the landlord lied about the beer hoping your continual whining in his premises stopped so decent punters came back?

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Well according to the driver who ended up delivering the beer he he said otherwise , exactly the same as down below .As for beer shortages with good weather and hospitality opening up beer sales are doing well,  but that isn’t what we are talking about here .the beer was there just nobody to deliver it .

This is dated 14/6/21 

Calls to bring in the army to help ease the UK’s worsening driver shortage have been rebuffed by industry associations seeking “long-term sustainable solutions”.

Chief executive of the Federation of Wholesale Distributors (FWD) James Bielby said the situation had become so extreme, with the shortage hitting 70,000, he recommended the government having army trucks on standby “to ensure… enough vehicles and drivers to distribute food”

https://theloadstar.com/uk-driver-shortage-so-bad-wholesalers-want-army-trucks-to-deliver-the-goods/

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

AH the statement of an unknown unverified "driver" gives you post some sort of proof ,i gave you two links direct from the breweries the lack of beer was down to a sudden increase in demand delivery drivers were not even mentioned

PS your"Army " point counters itself so invalid and it mentions food (of which there is no shortage and no empty shelves) not beer

Probably the "shortage" of drivers means they cannot get drivers at basic wages to exploit or to gain some hand outs from the government hoping they wont notice they are reluctant to pay decent wages to attract drivers  ,you need to think outside headlines clod stop taking other peoples opinions at face value people say things for reasons and its generally not the welfare of others its money!

If you need your cheap foreign drivers all they have to do is ask and fill in a work visa like the rest of the world does along with thethousands that now live here in this land of plenty ,wages is your problem and thats the fault of the industry and individual employers with a smattering of covid related reasons (the 30,000 cancelled HGV driver tests)

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Well according to the driver who ended up delivering the beer he he said otherwise , exactly the same as down below .As for beer shortages with good weather and hospitality opening up beer sales are doing well,  but that isn’t what we are talking about here .the beer was there just nobody to deliver it .

This is dated 14/6/21 

Calls to bring in the army to help ease the UK’s worsening driver shortage have been rebuffed by industry associations seeking “long-term sustainable solutions”.

Chief executive of the Federation of Wholesale Distributors (FWD) James Bielby said the situation had become so extreme, with the shortage hitting 70,000, he recommended the government having army trucks on standby “to ensure… enough vehicles and drivers to distribute food”

https://theloadstar.com/uk-driver-shortage-so-bad-wholesalers-want-army-trucks-to-deliver-the-goods/

There we go your fairy story REBUFFED by the very quotes you post

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

There we go your fairy story REBUFFED by the very quotes you post

Wrong again totally wrong plenty of beer but no drivers ,moretti and Stella we had stacks of it no drivers to supply the rest of the beers and stock .

Chancellor Rishi Sunak shared concerns last autumn that Boris Johnson had “no plan” to deal with coronavirus and was wrongly delaying a second lockdown, the prime minister’s former adviser Dominic Cummings has claimed.

In a series of messages on his Substack blog, Mr Cummings repeated his description of the PM as “like a shopping trolley” veering from side to side of the aisle without any clear direction.

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

AH the statement of an unknown unverified "driver" gives you post some sort of proof ,i gave you two links direct from the breweries the lack of beer was down to a sudden increase in demand delivery drivers were not even mentioned

PS your"Army " point counters itself so invalid and it mentions food (of which there is no shortage and no empty shelves) not beer

Probably the "shortage" of drivers means they cannot get drivers at basic wages to exploit or to gain some hand outs from the government hoping they wont notice they are reluctant to pay decent wages to attract drivers  ,you need to think outside headlines clod stop taking other peoples opinions at face value people say things for reasons and its generally not the welfare of others its money!

If you need your cheap foreign drivers all they have to do is ask and fill in a work visa like the rest of the world does along with thethousands that now live here in this land of plenty ,wages is your problem and thats the fault of the industry and individual employers with a smattering of covid related reasons (the 30,000 cancelled HGV driver tests)

Cheap drivers don’t you want cheap steel etc etc etc hypocritical doesn’t come anywhere near it double standards constantly.only when it suits not a chance . 

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

Wrong again totally wrong plenty of beer but no drivers ,moretti and Stella we had stacks of it no drivers to supply the rest of the beers and stock .

Chancellor Rishi Sunak shared concerns last autumn that Boris Johnson had “no plan” to deal with coronavirus and was wrongly delaying a second lockdown, the prime minister’s former adviser Dominic Cummings has claimed.

In a series of messages on his Substack blog, Mr Cummings repeated his description of the PM as “like a shopping trolley” veering from side to side of the aisle without any clear direction.

You obviously cannot read ,its rebuffed in your own quotes

"Calls to bring in the army to help ease the UK’s worsening driver shortage have been rebuffed by industry associations seeking “long-term sustainable solutions”."

Cant be plainer than that !

Not sure what the second bit is about concerning sunak it looks like a swerve from admitting your post rebutted itself

Why do we need to make cheap steel ? China can supply it cheaper they own both the plants and the import potential

Edited by chesters1

Well my local has had beer shortages not due to lack of delivery drivers but due as I said previously to the suppliers send the beer (specifically bottled beer not draught) to supermarkets instead as they have now become their biggest customer and so are getting priority over pubs. 

2 hours ago, snakey1 said:

Well my local has had beer shortages not due to lack of delivery drivers but due as I said previously to the suppliers send the beer (specifically bottled beer not draught) to supermarkets instead as they have now become their biggest customer and so are getting priority over pubs. 

So it’s not a driver shortage then .in they article below it does mention beer shortages due to lack of drivers . But I don’t need that article up tell part  of our order never turned up last week due  to no driver ,

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg