Brexit. The gift that keeps on giving.

corydoras

4 hours ago, Huge_Vitae said:

Agricultural vehicles are allowed on roads whilst powered by red diesel, supposedly they are only allowed to do so within 1.5km of its base

It does not work that way where I come from. Loads of farmers rent land that may be 20 or so miles from the farm. They are allowed to travel back and forwards to their tenancies.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

3 minutes ago, Phone said:

CORY,

No one likes change. The question is will change be beneficial in the long haul

phone

Those claiming that it will have not met their burden of proof. All they do is spout opinions. Scottish fishermen's children cannot eat opinions or "sovereignty".

The whole thing is an absolute fecking Joke, except it is not funny

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

11 minutes ago, corydoras said:

It does not work that way where I come from. Loads of farmers rent land that may be 20 or so miles from the farm. They are allowed to travel back and forwards to their tenancies.

Exactly what I said. They are allowed to in this case means nobody could possibly conform to the strict rule of law, that is that an agricultural vehicle can ONLY Travel on a road for 1.5km.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

2 hours ago, Phone said:

HUGE,

Now, on to the "other" topic. That 44 years I mentioned was in air freight. Your example is ho-hum to those of us who started in the sixties. Our "token" was often one bag of mail - maybe 15 - - 20 pounds; a couple soldiers that had to be somewhere by orders. I PERSONALLY liked the transferring prisoners ruse

A GENUINE issue were the perishables, live tropical fish, lobsters and many as you can imagine. Perhaps the most difficult commodity was cut flowers from South and Central America. Somehow as an occurrence of mother nature there would be a mix drugs and flowers - amazing!! 

My point with the SCOTTISH problem is as old as the transportation industry. Since I know nothing of commercial fishing and have already one strike against me this morning I WON'T offer a specific solution. Since there are so many ways to skin a cat like many changes over time the Scots are just bellyaching cause it is going to be different from yesterday. I remember when international claims of wrongdoing were paid in gold French Franc 

Phone

I only know small commercial fishermen, no not short in stature! One man bands operating a small vessel. Since the deal not a single one of them has a bad word to say about the deal. Most will admit that it could have been better but something is better than the nothing but scrap ends they used to have. They are happy that there is room for improvement over time.

The main problem as I see it at this moment is that part of the Catch that historically goes to Europe because of price and demand.

Demand being the important thing at the moment. I don’t know the statistics but would imagine that a large proportion of that market is in the hospitality sector. With bars, cafes, restaurants and hotels mainly shut throughout Europe I don’t think it is a subtle link to the fall in demand.

The vast majority of media outlets whipping up the annoyance or anger of Scottish fishing are pro independence rags.

If Scotland had voted out and the result was remain the SNP would probably be barking about independence because they were being forced to stay in. 

As for transportation of powder, a little while ago I was going to Barbados, a friend of mine asked me to take some bran around to his parents house as it is not available there.

Obviously I agreed and oddly enough it was only in immigration the thought crossed my mind as the Customs man looked at me, my passport and my suitcase just how exactly I was going to explain the two one kilogram clingfilm wrapped packs of off brown white powder contained therein.

• Haha 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

8 hours ago, corydoras said:

They should dump all their rotting fish through kunts like yours' letterboxes.

You don't seem to be capable of engaging with those that you disagree with without calling them names.

Like I said before old fruit "Adjust. Move on" and perhaps "grow up".

Alternatively, wait a week, and you can whinge and moan about Brexit being to blame for the lack of salad in the supermarkets - even though it's because the Spanish greenhouses that grow it are covered in snow.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

5 minutes ago, Ken L said:

You don't seem to be capable of engaging with those that you disagree with without calling them names.

No. It is only you mate.

Adjust , move on and grow up is rich coming from a Trump supporter

2 minutes ago, corydoras said:

No. It is only you mate.

Adjust , move on and grow up is rich coming from a Trump supporter

Because no foreign wars, record low unemployment, a huge reduction in human trafficking and significant strides towards peace in the Middle East are bad things?

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

28 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Like I said before old fruit "Adjust. Move on" and perhaps "grow up".

Alternatively, wait a week, and you can whinge and moan about Brexit being to blame for the lack of salad in the supermarkets - even though it's because the Spanish greenhouses that grow it are covered in snow.

Yup.

And wait for next week when propaganda from the likes of “The National” claim that the snow is because of Brexit. ?

KEN,

AND tell me again why those things would not have been possible with a president whos character demonstrated a little empathy, courage, decency and candors instead of being an embarrassment to civil politics and getting himself kicked out with 9 days left

Phone

22 minutes ago, Phone said:

KEN,

AND tell me again why those things would not have been possible with a president whos character demonstrated a little empathy, courage, decency and candors instead of being an embarrassment to civil politics and getting himself kicked out with 9 days left

Phone

Yes, of course, but the alternative to Trump was Killary!

The woman who backed the Petraeus-CIA plan to go to war in Syria and said "If I’m the president, we will attack Iran”?

The woman who would have continued the shift of US based manufacturing to China?

The woman who called Trump's border wall (the primary weapon against trafficking) "useless"?

She lacks all of the attributes you describe and somehow, I don't think she would have managed it.

Edited by Ken L