Brexit. The gift that keeps on giving.

corydoras

ALL

In looking for UK fuel pricing I came across this "DEAL KILLER" problem

The Scottish Seafood Association, which represents processors, says exports to the EU are already being hit unnecessary delays and has warned the problem is likely to get worse.  THE PROBLEM - "entire trailers" now need to be checked rather than just samples - causing significant delay.

Please CORY – HOW easy is that to fix? SOUNDS like a “whos arce is blackest” problem. 

Phone

Red Diesel is sold at a “rebated rate of duty” The duty on Red Diesel is lowered by HMRC, authorised users get it at a lower price, that price is allowed by the Govt. it therefore a subsidy by definition.

Subsidised fuel helps certain groups make a profit.

If it was fair it would be allowed by others such as Taxi operators to make a or larger profit.

Agricultural vehicles are allowed on roads whilst powered by red diesel, supposedly they are only allowed to do so within 1.5km of its base. This is neither practical or enforceable especially where two or more farms form a cooperative to purchase a combine.

Tractors used by local authorities travel distances on roads to cut school playing fields and Council owned amenity areas such as football and cricket pitches. Again NOT operating within 1.5km of base.

• Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Phone, there are delays at some ports to say it is Brexit OR Coronavirus is one of those answer fits your opinion things, I have no idea what the % is and I doubt others have either.

My eldest is a British Airways Pilot. During the total lockdown of the borders by France no flights were allowed in except freight.

BA flights were “loaded” with One, yes ONE kilo of Salmon and flown into France, those that were prepared to pay the cost were then able to fly back to the UK.

It is also worth noting that delays are both ways.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

And all in the Houses of Parliament get tax free liquor is that right .???

But on a more serious note protest by fishermen are expected soon Bojo they  are coming for you .Promise them and Elephant and then give them a mouse .

Was Brexit was an EU conspiracy theory ??

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Huge,

The taxes are on fuels used to power vehicles and equipment on roads and highways. Taxes paid for fuel to power vehicles and equipment used off-road may qualify for the refund or credit. This includes farm equipment and certain boats, trains and airplanes.

These refunds and credits do NOT reflect in the numbers I posted as the tax was initially paid.

Just disregard my other post, it is “PHONEY”. - -  I now assure you I’ve not a clue what the net net is or what I am going on about.

FOR 44 years in the industry someone else was handsomely paid to do it for me

PHONE

Edited by Phone

HUGE,

Now, on to the "other" topic. That 44 years I mentioned was in air freight. Your example is ho-hum to those of us who started in the sixties. Our "token" was often one bag of mail - maybe 15 - - 20 pounds; a couple soldiers that had to be somewhere by orders. I PERSONALLY liked the transferring prisoners ruse

A GENUINE issue were the perishables, live tropical fish, lobsters and many as you can imagine. Perhaps the most difficult commodity was cut flowers from South and Central America. Somehow as an occurrence of mother nature there would be a mix drugs and flowers - amazing!! 

My point with the SCOTTISH problem is as old as the transportation industry. Since I know nothing of commercial fishing and have already one strike against me this morning I WON'T offer a specific solution. Since there are so many ways to skin a cat like many changes over time the Scots are just bellyaching cause it is going to be different from yesterday. I remember when international claims of wrongdoing were paid in gold French Franc 

Phone

Edited by Phone

4 hours ago, Phone said:

ALL

In looking for UK fuel pricing I came across this "DEAL KILLER" problem

The Scottish Seafood Association, which represents processors, says exports to the EU are already being hit unnecessary delays and has warned the problem is likely to get worse.  THE PROBLEM - "entire trailers" now need to be checked rather than just samples - causing significant delay.

Please CORY – HOW easy is that to fix? SOUNDS like a “whos arce is blackest” problem. 

Phone

As easy as staying in the Customs Union.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

5 hours ago, chesters1 said:

f you want a fair society stop singling out people to to make them different. Tax them all or tax none simple ! Their lifestyle or occupation CHOICE shouldnt come into it

That  IS your OPINION. That is it, an OPINION. Another post that shows that your opinion is unhinged from the reality. You are living in some kind of cerebral cloud cuckoo land.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote