RIP Rusty

Chris Plumb

On 11/30/2021 at 4:23 PM, Tigger said:

I haven't posted on this thread even though I had seen it.

Just felt to sad to post on it, poor Chris, doesn't seem like 5 min's since he came grayling fishing with me and a friend up in the lakedistrict.

He often spoke of that trip Ian and I know he had a lot of time for you 

still feels weird without him when I go fishing ,although I kinda feel he is always there 

• Like 2

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, It's been many years since I posted, or actively reviewed any posts on this forum due to family, work, and life commitments, but I did so today to catch up and discover what was happening.   I especially wondered what Chris, JV44 and Rusty were up to.

Despite my absence, it is so very sad to hear of his passing - I enjoyed several sessions on the Kennet and a few fish-ins.  61, is no age to shuffle off the coil.

Rest (or should that be Rust) in peace Rusty.  May your centrepin always revolve quietly.  I do hope his ashes (assuming he was cremated) were cast into the Kennet.

Mike

• Like 2

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• 1 month later...
On 1/5/2022 at 8:31 PM, arbocop said:

Hi, It's been many years since I posted, or actively reviewed any posts on this forum due to family, work, and life commitments, but I did so today to catch up and discover what was happening.   I especially wondered what Chris, JV44 and Rusty were up to.

Despite my absence, it is so very sad to hear of his passing - I enjoyed several sessions on the Kennet and a few fish-ins.  61, is no age to shuffle off the coil.

Rest (or should that be Rust) in peace Rusty.  May your centrepin always revolve quietly.  I do hope his ashes (assuming he was cremated) were cast into the Kennet.

Mike

They are going to be Mike on the syndicate bit we fish ,I fish with others but it’s just not the same 

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

I remember Rusty from way back, so sad to hear of his passing :(

RIP Rusty. One day we'll all meet up again.

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

On 2/13/2022 at 9:46 PM, JV44 said:

They are going to be Mike on the syndicate bit we fish ,I fish with others but it’s just not the same 

Well, if it helps, I'm happy to spin a pin with you.  I need a day out. Weather isn't great, and the rivers are all shot but the Lambourn may be OK.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/15/2022 at 8:17 PM, arbocop said:

Well, if it helps, I'm happy to spin a pin with you.  I need a day out. Weather isn't great, and the rivers are all shot but the Lambourn may be OK.

Mike

Mike only just seen this as don’t come on very often ,let me know when you are free and we can sort something 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If there is going to be a fish-in for Rusty, count me in!

• Like 2

John S

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 1 month later...

Steve's been busy selling off Rusty's gear to raise funds for the AT - I acquired ones of his Harrison float rods.

AT recently posted this: 

https://anglingtrust.net/2022/04/11/chris-brasier/?fbclid=IwAR0SSxXw8cGyEXgNAm9KBVQQU66V9b4wVHSb_OkvFh0zvN8Cuzaw0uLsVZM#

Well done Steve - fitting tribute!

C.

• Like 2

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• 5 weeks later...

Well done Steve :)

John S

• 2 months later...

I’ve only just seen this, I’m so sorry to hear this awful news. I had the pleasure of fishing with rusty a few times and he was always such good company. He always put as much effort into dinner plans as the fishing, and I respected that :) Condolences to family and close friends. I lost my girlfriend to cancer in January, it’s a terrible disease and losing someone before their time is an almost impossible thing to deal with. I hope you can come to terms with it in time, and remember him fondly. 

• Thanks 3

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music