RIP Rusty

Chris Plumb

I’m extremely sorry to hear of your loss, Anderoo. Likewise, Rusty.

I actually came back to the forum to hear some tales about another member sadly departed, but am very surprised to see no mention. Surely, I must have missed it somewhere..?

It’s particularly sad to hear of news about people you ‘sort of know very well’ going through all sorts because unsocial media has seemingly stolen the show. What a terrible state of affairs the Internet has become.

Very fond memories of the days when people actually met in person, and even went into battle via the keyboard!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2022 at 4:26 PM, Anderoo said:

I’ve only just seen this, I’m so sorry to hear this awful news. I had the pleasure of fishing with rusty a few times and he was always such good company. He always put as much effort into dinner plans as the fishing, and I respected that :) Condolences to family and close friends. I lost my girlfriend to cancer in January, it’s a terrible disease and losing someone before their time is an almost impossible thing to deal with. I hope you can come to terms with it in time, and remember him fondly. 

I'm so sorry to read of your loss. I've sat here for a few minutes, trying to think of something to add, but there really is nothing. You said it all.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

20 hours ago, Sharkbyte said:

I’m extremely sorry to hear of your loss, Anderoo. Likewise, Rusty.

I actually came back to the forum to hear some tales about another member sadly departed, but am very surprised to see no mention. Surely, I must have missed it somewhere..?

It’s particularly sad to hear of news about people you ‘sort of know very well’ going through all sorts because unsocial media has seemingly stolen the show. What a terrible state of affairs the Internet has become.

Very fond memories of the days when people actually met in person, and even went into battle via the keyboard!

They certainly were different times. I'm sure there are some forums that are still doing well, but I pretty much threw the towel in when social media came along. The whole culture of the internet seemed to change; instant gratification and nastiness abound, whereas it was a lot more 'real' back in the day. We had our rows, our troublemakers and seemingly weekly threats of legal action against me, but the good parts of it made up for it; friendships, robust debates, helpfulness, get-togethers.... just like how the 'real world' used to be. I'm sure it's still like that, away from phone screens.

• Like 1

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I’ve only just seen this, I’m so sorry to hear this awful news. I had the pleasure of fishing with rusty a few times and he was always such good company. He always put as much effort into dinner plans as the fishing, and I respected that :) Condolences to family and close friends. I lost my girlfriend to cancer in January, it’s a terrible disease and losing someone before their time is an almost impossible thing to deal with. I hope you can come to terms with it in time, and remember him fondly. 

I don't come on here as often as I used to and have only just seen your post, sorry to hear of your loss bud, very sad.

• 3 weeks later...

Been away from the forum for too long. Sorry to hear your news Anderoo, my condolences to you, your friends and families :(

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

• 1 year later...

I Stumbledon this tread as this week I have been painting the inside of a mates Dutch barge and an angler just across from us at the lock tail island  had just had a chub ,I shouted across did he want a pic but he said no it’s only small 

Anyway in that angler way I went over to have a look and seeing it in the net it was obvs it was a decent fish and the guy was a carp angler so had no idea it was a good one ,convinced him to have a pic and it took me back to the time Rusty nearly put his PB Chub  back without weighing it coz he thought it wasn’t big in the folds of the net ,,,hence me turning up on this thread through nostalgia 

Anderoo I seldom come on here any more but from memory Kappa or Steve W told me your sad news ,belated but you have my deepest sympathy and hope as well as anyone has you have come to terms with the tragic situations life puts us in if we ever truly manage it 

I’m on a Kennet syndicate near the fabled Wilderness section off passion for Angling winter madness if you ever fancy a go with the trotting gear as my guest, find me n Facebook if you do 

I sill miss the banter I had with rusty and if fishing on my own the swim where we put his ashes in I have been known to have conversations with him

Steve 

• Like 1

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream: