RIP Rusty

Chris Plumb

It is with a very heavy heart that I report the death of Chris Brasier (Rusty of this parish) yesterday at the age of 61. He'd been diagnosed with cancer earlier this year but most of us expected him to be around a bit longer especially as he was bombing around on his vintage motorbike just a few weeks ago.

Its probably a few years since he last posted on here - but he kept and excellent blog for a year or so a while back which is well worth seeking out.

RIP Chris one of life's true Gents

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

4 hours ago, Chris Plumb said:

It is with a very heavy heart that I report the death of Chris Brasier (Rusty of this parish) yesterday at the age of 61. He'd been diagnosed with cancer earlier this year but most of us expected him to be around a bit longer especially as he was bombing around on his vintage motorbike just a few weeks ago.

Its probably a few years since he last posted on here - but he kept and excellent blog for a year or so a while back which is well worth seeking out.

RIP Chris one of life's true gents 

Rusty had been given a couple of months after he stopped Chemo as it wasn’t working ,sadly he didn’t get that time 

I had been over to see him on a few occasions and was shocked by his weight loss as is normally the case with cancer 

lovely fella who made friends everywhere he went ,I am going to miss our fishing trips 

I know he had a lot of time for you Chris and Paul rip and all the internet anglers 

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Sad to read this.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• 2 weeks later...

Noma and I only met him once (at a zander fish in) but he was clearly "one of us" and we mourn his passing.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

That's terrible news, Chris. Rusty was one of the great characters of this forum, back in the day, and 61 is no age :( 

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

It was his funeral last Tuesday and he had a good send off 

i gave a tribute on behalf of his fishing mates and it was a great all be it sad day meeting all his mates and work colleagues 

Fishing just won’t seem the same without him there 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• 1 month later...

I haven't posted on this thread even though I had seen it.

Just felt to sad to post on it, poor Chris, doesn't seem like 5 min's since he came grayling fishing with me and a friend up in the lakedistrict.

• Like 1