Boris will be OK!!

Martin56

7 minutes ago, big_cod said:

LONDON, (Reuters) - More than 2,000 trucks have been stuck in a queue of more than 20 miles to get to the British port of Dover, the main route for road freight to mainland Europe, due to disruption to ferry services and customs operations, hauliers said on Friday

Customs operations you know exactly what that is Red Tape !!

Firms Hit by New Brexit Red Tape as IT System Stops Trucks

Big fall in businesses exporting to EU ‘caused by Brexit red tape

The number of UK businesses exporting goods to the EU fell 33 per cent to 18,357 in 2021, from 27,321 in 2020, data from HMRC shows.

Industry experts said the fall is due to the extra red tape UK businesses must now comply with when exporting to the EU.

They say they are really worrying numbers and show the scale of the difficulties UK businesses now face in exporting their products to the EU.

Weird that it doesn't happen in the other direction.

It's almost as if the French are deliberately holding people up.

• Thanks 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

10 minutes ago, Ken L said:

Here's one, and another.

How many do you want?

😂 like your link Ken 😂 which school did you go to ???

On Thursday, the home secretary, Theresa May, and her French counterpart, Bernard Cazeneuve, jointly promised to do more to end the chaos ?????

This is just one of many of the snarl  ups since 2016 

But how many did we have before Brexit that’s the real interesting bit !!!! goods flowed like sewing machine and kept costs down .

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

4 minutes ago, big_cod said:

😂 like your link Ken 😂 which school did you go to ???

On Thursday, the home secretary, Theresa May, and her French counterpart, Bernard Cazeneuve, jointly promised to do more to end the chaos 

You must have skipped the bits where the first on pointed out that "The Port of Dover authority said the French border control booths in Dover were "seriously understaffed"." and the second one was because of "a strike by French ferry workers".

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

12 minutes ago, Ken L said:

You must have skipped the bits where the first on pointed out that "The Port of Dover authority said the French border control booths in Dover were "seriously understaffed"." and the second one was because of "a strike by French ferry workers".

Course there bloody understaffed Lord above !!!!!

Why is the hauliers complaining constantly about red tape it never existed before brexit , it just creates time lost and added cost increase to you .

Even the U.K.  holiday maker’s going all over Europe now stand bewildered in the long queues at customs . Seeing any Europeans  walk straight past and through it’s comical looking at there faces wondering what’s going on , brexit voters of course 😂 what took 5 minutes. Before brexit  takes hours now and believe me they ain’t  happy .

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

27 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Why is the hauliers complaining constantly about red tape it never existed before brexit , it just creates time lost and added cost increase to you .

Even the U.K.  holiday maker’s going all over Europe now stand bewildered in the long queues at customs . Seeing any Europeans  walk straight past and through it’s comical looking at there faces wondering what’s going on , brexit voters of course 😂 what took 5 minutes. Before brexit  takes hours now and believe me they ain’t  happy .

What do you mean by "Course there bloody understaffed Lord"?

You're also failing to appreciate that when you're talking about current year tourism, there are no equivalent post Brexit queues for EU tourists visiting Britain.

The appropriate response is not to blame Brexit, but to blame the EU member states who are taking the p155.

Edited by Ken L

Clod, the dope on a rope, the gift that just keeps on giving…

Numpty puts up a quote to reinforce the argument he’s losing (as usual) so he posts text that links to The Guardian (obviously) to show how bad things are after Brexit, unfortunately the article is dated 3rd July 2015 BEFORE the EU Referendum even, let alone actual Brexit.

What a toss pot. 😂

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jul/03/cross-channel-lorry-queue-delays-until-monday

Edited by Huge_Vitae
Link added
  • Haha 2

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

1 hour ago, big_cod said:

The border control staff at dover to france will probably be french so hardly our fault and its not a new thing

https://www.doverport.co.uk/about/news/update:-port-of-dover-french-border-control/13185/

We even lent UK staff to help the frogs so why hasnt it improved since 2016?

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/dover-delays-uk-border-staff-sent-ease-severe-congestion-port_uk_5794724be4b02508de468e95

As Ken says its only outward FROM the UK so its the frogs being spiteful as they do we have nothing to do with our exports going to france ,what happens when THEIR government stops them doing something ?they close the ports the usual bolshy bits of **** the frogs are ,its not new why do you think different? Some uninformed  headline caught your eye?

Anything stopping UK exports will be a deliberate action from the EU to dissuade  other countries following the UK out of the shithole

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

😂 your laughable no there words for it ,

Brexit caused food price hike in the UK, report says

LONDON — New trade barriers as a result of Brexit have caused price  increases in food prices in the U.K., according to researchers.

A new report from the U.K. in a Changing Europe think tank said the hike was not down to the coronavirus pandemic. The findings pile pressure on U.K. Prime Minister Boris Johnson, who led the pro-Brexit campaign and is now grappling with a cost of living crisis. 

The so-called trade and cooperation agreement (TCA) struck between Britain and the EU has led to checks on goods going from the U.K. to the bloc from the start of 2021 — as well as increased paperwork for traders.

t follows research from the London School of Economics (LSE) published this week that found Brexit resulted in “major disruption” to U.K. trade with the EU. It said the new relationship led to a “sudden and persistent” 25 percent fall in U.K. imports from the EU relative to the rest of the world

Brexit: the major trade disruption came after the UK-EU agreement took effect in 2021

The UK voted to leave the European Union (EU) in June 2016, but its trade relations with the EU did not change until 1 January 2021 when the Trade and Cooperation Agreement (TCA) came into effect. Under the TCA, UK-EU trade remains tariff and quota free, but the UK is no longer a member of the EU’s single market or customs union. Consequently, the TCA has increased trade costs between the UK and the EU.

We study both the period between the Brexit referendum in 2016 and the end of 2020 when there was uncertainty over what form Brexit would take, and the first year of trade under the TCA

And why did they build a massive   lorry work in Dover for a laugh :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

9 hours ago, Ken L said:

What do you mean by "Course there bloody understaffed Lord"?

You're also failing to appreciate that when you're talking about current year tourism, there are no equivalent post Brexit queues for EU tourists visiting Britain.

The appropriate response is not to blame Brexit, but to blame the EU member states who are taking the p155.

I aren’t just talking  about tourism red tape bogged down in it with brexit , and it all costs money which you are paying  for .

Why our we top of G7 with inflation . We have brexit and they haven’t .

We have the highest taxes in 70 years in the U.K. in Brexit Britain.

Give me one trade deal better for than  the ones we had in the EU just one , you can’t there isn’t one !!!!!!

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Round and round the troll goes

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson