Stand up or Sit Down Pees??

Martin56

Hi Lads, I don't seem to have the peeing force I used to have & find it much easier to have a sit down Pee at the age of 65.

I'm not ashamed to admit that sometimes I wet my Jammies a bit when doing standing up wee.

I'll be speaking to my GP / Practice Nurse re my Prostate!!

It's Nowt to be ashamed of - It's Life!!

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

You will know when your prostrate is enlarging ,not going to pee when you want to ,going to pee on the way to pee and getting up several times a night to enjoy the process! I speak from experience

There are several 'cures' none are very nice from incontinence pants (for the odd dribble coming out of sainsbury loos 😬) an inspection of your waterworks from the inside (i posted about that years ago! Necessary but damned painful) and pills that dont work in in my case made me pretty sick or take the plunge and have some surgeon get busy with a pipe reamer or worse ,not taken that step yet!

Welcome to your retirement 🤭

And yes i sit 🤫

You will find as you age doctors seem to concentrate on the waist down rather than up ,the snap of a rubber glove and touching your toes (metaphorically ) becomes the norm,your lucky its not been earlier.

https://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/42540-chesters1-birthday/#comment-442192

There is somewhere a post on the exam you get of your bladder ,oooouch!

Edited by chesters1
  • Thanks 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Spinal stenosis means numb legs, intermittent foot drop, and on occasion, waking up with a full bladder and not being able to pee.

The solution is to sit, lean forward to open the spine (not easy with a full bladder) and wait for that sweat release.

It's crap.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have BPH and take medication that helps…..to a degree. Diet can play a part in helping the condition, e.g. goats milk instead of cows milk (lack of testosterone).

I think the time will come when I decide to take a surgical option to improve my quality of life, trouble is there are a few procedures, need to pick the best for me.

I think a lot of it is fear ,i fear i lose my jt's secondary function having the op😉

When that function stops theres nothing to lose having the op

On pumpkin seed oil at the present but like my earlier hope saw palmetto its doing nothing as far as i can see ,the consultant suggested the latter it works for some (perhaps its a placebo effect?) At least the pumpkin oil is cheaper!

When i spoke to the consultant last (many years ago now) i asked why a stent wasnt used ,he looked at me as if i was an idiot ,now theres stents!

Not perfected yet half get taken back out but like some things will improve with time if money is behind it

Cardiac related stents were once treated with caution now its routine almost over the counter stuff as it were ,another thing i know from experience

The consultant also mentioned testosterone cream which is applied on the inner thigh ,nothing came of it but at the time it confused me perhaps he meant estrogen  cream ?man hormones are the cause of the problem lol prostrates arnt wasted on women lol

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Once watched a docco on the old wagon trains heading west, in the USA and a couple of girls, possibly in their middle teens, explained walking alongside the wagons, holding out their long dresses to have a leak.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.