Russia and Fishing decision

BoldBear

CIPS has taken the decision to expel the Russian and Belarusian teams from all international fishing competitions in response to the Invasion of Ukraine and the indiscriminate killing of civilians. 

The desicion was made this week by the Confédération Internationale de la Pêche Sportive (CIPS), the body that oversees competitive international fishing. 

Keith

• Like 1

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Russia being isolated in every aspect of normal life, but I think any dissent en mass by the Russian public will be quashed. Not sure how this will end, still optimistic nuclear weapons will not be a factor. 

It's a real headache for for NATO, however I reckon there wil be strikes from bordering NATO countries, just has to be if Russia continues its murderous war, the West cannot standby and do nothing. 

What a tragedy..

It is worrying i am down to my last case of caviar !

I dont like it much cod roe does for me but the starlings love it ,i maybe ok though its been a warm winter so most of the birds are satisfied with suet balls and peanuts i will save the eggs for next year ,if were lucky the ukranian  comedian will be dead and no american nukes in his country to cause all this fuss

Its not unusual that RT has been switched off on Astra (its available online or on other sats) the west doesnt want others to challenge their propaganda 🤫

One saving grace is when putin turns europes gas off you wont get those vast bills your utility company just warned you they needed to pay their investors! On the other hand less means more profit so buy cardies and candles while you can ,looks like the 70's are coming back ! I remember the strikes well the smell of paraffin in every shop ,the difference is no-one can afford paraffin anymore i hope theres trees in cities your going to freeze lol

As for fishing, banning your adversaries ensure they dont get better results than you ,even mediocre teams look good when the better ones dont compete! Works in the olympics aswell

Edited by chesters1
  • Haha 1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Putin's Mam should have Slapped him when he was a child - "Go to bed now Vladimir - you're Tired" !!. 🛌

Edited by Martin56

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

Like bidens carer should be saying now lol mind you hes asleep most of the time theres a guy prodding him from behind the flag

Hes probably been told theres a guy chucking in chairs in the pool and it needs sorting by installing lots of nukes ,150 american ones isnt really enough in europe people could run around the pool aswell!

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Difficult and complex issues to which there is no right or wrong path.

I’m not a fan of sport so much these days, I never had much interest on the Olympics at all, I suppose a few decades ago I watched the boxing and judo because it was interesting to me personally as they were inclusive sports for me. Like a lot I think Politics should stay out of sport but that is a forlorn hope as politicians will latch onto anything when they think popularity will rub off.

The old USSR was a different person to the current Russian Federation but the old self superiority still remains.

Football, Snooker, Tennis, F1 and the list goes on, competitors attracting huge prizes and thus huge media coverage and you can expect them to include themselves and their own self importance into the political situation.

I would have thought that fishing could escape that although that will possibly change if the popularity of programs like Mortimer & Whitehouse sky rockets with sponsorship and purses following on.

Edited by Huge_Vitae
Stupid spell checker auto correct.

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

10 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

Putin's Mam should have Slapped him when he was a child - "Go to bed now Vladimir - you're Tired" !!. 🛌

I’d like to tap him behind the ear. 😉😉

• Thanks 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

10 minutes ago, Martin56 said:

Putin's Mam should have Slapped him when he was a child - "Go to bed now Vladimir - you're Tired" !!.

Maybe if Trump and our own beloved leader had not been so busy massaging Putin's glans penis with their uvulas we might not be in this mess We should never have allowed Russian gangsters and criminals to buy property and football teams in this country.

• Like 1

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

It amuses me every sport we have (i may have missed one) most of which we invented or brought mainstream is run by foreigners! At least  america controls its baseball (with canada?) this means they can have a world series but exclude japan as they may beat them which wouldnt look good!

18 minutes ago, corydoras said:

Maybe if Trump and our own beloved leader had not been so busy massaging Putin's glans penis with their uvulas we might not be in this mess We should never have allowed Russian gangsters and criminals to buy property and football teams in this country.

Most of the world owns this country ,china is the most fear they care less even than putin

The only people to gain will be those that sell arms and get paid to reinstate all that these arms destroyed (in iraq it was mostly american companies fixing what american destroyed),thats what war is for profit nothing else ,ordinary people are far down the list!

Just follow the money

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/sep/11/us-afghanistan-iraq-defense-spending

Edited by chesters1