I'm shocked and somewhat ashamed of myself....

Ken L

In light of recent events, I,     I,     I....

I agree with the French!

Three French Euro MPs have said: "Britain is threatening human health, marine life and fishing by releasing raw sewage into the Channel and the North Sea".

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

1 hour ago, Ken L said:

In light of recent events, I,     I,     I....

I agree with the French!

Three French Euro MPs have said: "Britain is threatening human health, marine life and fishing by releasing raw sewage into the Channel and the North Sea".

Why are you ashamed you have spoke  the truth Britain is now a toxic and sewage disposal area since 2016 .

Water companies have pumped raw sewage into Britain's seas and rivers for more than nine million hours since 2016, new data suggests.

The figure is an increase of 2,553% over five years, according to the Labour Party's analysis of Environment Agency (EA) data, released under the Freedom of Information Act.

Between 2016 and 2021 water companies discharged sewage into waterways and the sea for a total of 9,427,355 hours, the equivalent of 1,076 years

https://news.sky.com/story/huge-increase-in-raw-sewage-released-into-uk-waterways-and-sea-data-reveals-12677730

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

33 minutes ago, big_cod said:

Why are you ashamed you have spoke  the truth Britain is now a toxic and sewage disposal area since 2016 .

Water companies have pumped raw sewage into Britain's seas and rivers for more than nine million hours since 2016, new data suggests.

The figure is an increase of 2,553% over five years, according to the Labour Party's analysis of Environment Agency (EA) data, released under the Freedom of Information Act.

Between 2016 and 2021 water companies discharged sewage into waterways and the sea for a total of 9,427,355 hours, the equivalent of 1,076 years

https://news.sky.com/story/huge-increase-in-raw-sewage-released-into-uk-waterways-and-sea-data-reveals-12677730

This is not a British problem. Sewage pollution affects rivers and seas all over Europe.

In 2017, Spain was referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union for failure to comply with the Urban Waste Water Directive.

In 2019, pipes were found to be pumping waste into the sea near Costa del Sol.

There are dozens of similar reports in the last few years.

Same problem this year, on the Costa Blanca.

Trouble is, your irrational hatred of Britain and Brexit, causes you to see everything through a single lens. You can't simply accept that something is a problem that needs to be addressed, you have to tie it to the tail of your favourite hobby-horse and catastrophise the whole thing.

Time for another holiday for you, I'm assured that Spanish turds smell sweeter.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

24 minutes ago, Ken L said:

This is not a British problem. Sewage pollution affects rivers and seas all over Europe.

In 2017, Spain was referred to the Court of Justice of the European Union for failure to comply with the Urban Waste Water Directive.

In 2019, pipes were found to be pumping waste into the sea near Costa del Sol.

There are dozens of similar reports in the last few years.

Same problem this year, on the Costa Blanca.

Trouble is, your irrational hatred of Britain and Brexit, causes you to see everything through a single lens. You can't simply accept that something is a problem that needs to be addressed, you have to tie it to the tail of your favourite hobby-horse and catastrophise the whole thing.

Time for another holiday for you, I'm assured that Spanish turds smell sweeter.

No it’s your hatred of Britain with brexit not mine . I didn’t vote  to screw Britain and the economy  and myself and everybody else you did not me .

Sewage we are talking about Britain and since 2016 sewage dumping has gone up 2,500 % . What an achievable here in brexit Britain . And today the heavy rains have contributed to  some glorious  amounts of sewage that’s been discharged into our waterways and seas . It’s a scandal but profits before health Ken !!!

Sewage  discharge map: How Surfers Against Sewage and the Rivers Trust track sea and river dumping in the UK

Environmental campaigner Feargal Sharkey has blamed the Government, saying poorly regulated profiteering by water companies and a “vacuum of political oversight” has left “extraordinary chaos

https://inews.co.uk/news/environment/sewage-discharge-map-surfers-against-rivers-trust-uk-sea-river-dumping-feargal-sharkey-1807961

And you want more deregulation !!!!

Edited by big_cod

Untitled-1.jpg

Christ, you're so predictable! I post a light-hearted, self-deprecating thread for a bit of light relief, and you have to twist it to your f**king agenda.

I'm about done with you. It's almost time for you to spend another six months on the naughty step.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

Christ, you're so predictable! I post a light-hearted, self-deprecating thread for a bit of light relief, and you have to twist it to your f**king agenda.

I'm about done with you. It's almost time for you to spend another six months on the naughty step.

Told you the troll will hijack any thread to get his trolling in best stop feeding it 😉

Unfortunately this modern regime of not punishing for illegality means it continues ,stop these LTD companies and PLC companies avoiding penalties or governments fining the company itself and fine the directors and shareholders themselves ,if you fine the company your fining the customer the real villains  get off scot free

When the media say sewage they think of lumps! Sewage isnt cleaned its filtered to remove the lumps the dangerous chemicals go right through! I havnt drunk (drank) tap water for years if the water companies have no problem deliberately poluting then i wont trust them about drinking water being safe! They TELL you its safe but does anyone actually test it themselves? We take things at face value its time they have to prove what they say ,you saw what happens in the meat industry they say one thing but behind the scenes are fiddling use by dates and if a process is going 24/7 whens it cleaned? When you watch "inside the factory" etc dont look at the food look at the filth around it ! If a production line runs non stop that means it cannot be cleaned properly its to dangerous  to crawl about in it and under it. If findus can force feed us horse at cow prices who knows whats going on out of sight every bit of processed food should be tested if the wrong dna is found close the company down and procecute everyone from top to bottom.Sewage has been deliberately dumped for decades ask anyone surfing around the solent

PS surely the french didnt say "channel" thats not like them its usualy La Manche giving the impression its all theirs lol we graciously gave them their bit back when the germans gave up owning france and we and the allies owned france

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

2 hours ago, Ken L said:

Light relief **** everywhere ????? Not really funny is it Ken ! Especially if your swimming among  turds on the beach .

Untitled-1.jpg

1 hour ago, chesters1 said:

Told you the troll will hijack any thread to get his trolling in best stop feeding it 😉

Unfortunately this modern regime of not punishing for illegality means it continues ,stop these LTD companies and PLC companies avoiding penalties or governments fining the company itself and fine the directors and shareholders themselves ,if you fine the company your fining the customer the real villains  get off scot free

When the media say sewage they think of lumps! Sewage isnt cleaned its filtered to remove the lumps the dangerous chemicals go right through! I havnt drunk (drank) tap water for years if the water companies have no problem deliberately poluting then i wont trust them about drinking water being safe! They TELL you its safe but does anyone actually test it themselves? We take things at face value its time they have to prove what they say ,you saw what happens in the meat industry they say one thing but behind the scenes are fiddling use by dates and if a process is going 24/7 whens it cleaned? When you watch "inside the factory" etc dont look at the food look at the filth around it ! If a production line runs non stop that means it cannot be cleaned properly its to dangerous  to crawl about in it and under it. If findus can force feed us horse at cow prices who knows whats going on out of sight every bit of processed food should be tested if the wrong dna is found close the company down and procecute everyone from top to bottom.Sewage has been deliberately dumped for decades ask anyone surfing around the solent

PS surely the french didnt say "channel" thats not like them its usualy La Manche giving the impression its all theirs lol we graciously gave them their bit back when the germans gave up owning france and we and the allies owned france

He's blocked now, along with the other abusive idiot.

I'm with you on the tap water. Drinking it is limited to hot drinks, but it's bottled water for cold.

My brother was in the next village when the Camelford water pollution incident happened. He was very lucky, and I've been suspicious of tap water ever since. Quite apart from anything else, water here periodically smells like a swimming pool, and the last time I checked, there's no safe level for chlorine.

As for the French, They haven't known their place since the end of the Angevin Empire.

• Haha 1

I would trust bottled water even less ,get yourself a reverse osmosis system  and taste REAL clean water (actualy you wont you have to put back in the chemicals that give it taste 😉) they provide the minerals LESS the unwanted ones .

They used to be very wasteful of water but mine wastes none ,what everyone puts down the drain (even the guy who sells water filters hadnt thought of it) goes via my shower and toilet

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

20 minutes ago, chesters1 said:

I would trust bottled water even less ,get yourself a reverse osmosis system  and taste REAL clean water (actualy you wont you have to put back in the chemicals that give it taste 😉) they provide the minerals LESS the unwanted ones .

They used to be very wasteful of water but mine wastes none ,what everyone puts down the drain (even the guy who sells water filters hadnt thought of it) goes via my shower and toilet

I have one on the shopping list for when I move.

It's good to hear another recommendation.

Off grid solar will also be a priority. Nothing big and expensive, but enough to run a 12 volt indoor and outdoor lighting circuit and power a TV/computer if the power goes down. I'm still looking for backup refrigeration options, because I understand the load from the startup of the compressors is really high. A gas fridge/freezer might be an option.