I'm shocked and somewhat ashamed of myself....

Ken L

Yes you can get camping 3 way fridges ,no compressor (modern motorhome ones do but strictly 240v)but the 12v circuit is still pretty thirsty as it uses a heating coil ,the calor gas side though is pretty good if you get the large VAT free cylinders (i used the 25kg blue ones in the camper) solar will do your lights and laptop but you will need a couple of leisure batteries as backup ,solar will trickle charge them but on dull days you will need the second battery .

Our last house had a 12 ring circuit but that was 20 years ago so solar only tiny very ineficiant panels then so the batteries were kept topped up from the mains but held out for a week for just a light and laptop . Generally if your devices run on a psu then most are 12v (or low power you can solve by converting 12v up or down) if you buy dedicated camping tech it will be 12v .

Its possible to go 12v but the fridges are the biggest drain ,dont even think of a cheap cooler box they will drain a battery in a day peltiers are extremely inefficient  they take 5 Amps continualy ! Remember your router if its 12v your internet  is ok aswell . you can even get 12v satellite systems we never went camping without one ,yes camping is great but its nice to have all the comforts of home lol with modern tablets iit must be so easy to live off grid with a few decent panels and a couple of liesure batteries .I installed the last house with 12v because the powerline was continually breaking we have been of the grid for a week a couple of times .No experience with freezers off grid i guess they will be power hungry ,we tried one ten years ago but it could hardly get below zero so returned it! Talking about freezers i have been waffling about an alternative  thermostat elswhere ,brilliant things to save obselete freezers AND today i turned the freezer into a fridge for a barbeque this weekend, to do that with out that electronic thermostat you would have to remove the freezer thermostat and replace it with a fridge one,l this does  it with 3 key presses👌

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

All previous studies had focused on much smaller areas, such as individual streams. “The most important message from our study is that chemical pollution is a large-scale, not just local problem,” says Schäfer.

The risk appears to be highest in central European and French rivers, especially those that empty into the North Sea from the Netherlands and Belgium. 

9DDF03D0-A081-4F07-879A-0EE1D87EBBD1.jpeg

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

20 hours ago, Ken L said:

He's blocked now, along with the other abusive idiot.

I'm with you on the tap water. Drinking it is limited to hot drinks, but it's bottled water for cold.

My brother was in the next village when the Camelford water pollution incident happened. He was very lucky, and I've been suspicious of tap water ever since. Quite apart from anything else, water here periodically smells like a swimming pool, and the last time I checked, there's no safe level for chlorine.

As for the French, They haven't known their place since the end of the Angevin Empire.

I am blocked :clap2: 😂 you pathetic child thrown your toys out of your pram again  :bigemo_harabe_net-163: . What does that leave 3 of you now 😂

Edited by big_cod

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

The shits come back on the beach🙄

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Perhaps they can burn the **** to make electric or ferment it to make gas ,theres always a silver tideline

Bring back destructors

Bring back destructors and burn it to make electric or ferment it to make gas and use the residue as fertiliser .Once they realise whats now a waste product that can be sold the problem goes away

Edited by chesters1