It's propper quiet on here....

Tigger

15 hours ago, Ken L said:

Social media and the fact that angling is now very much an old man's pursuit - and sadly, old men don't last forever.

Your prolly right Ken, although I don't get why anyone would rather use FB etc than a propper angling forum like this one.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Tigger said:

Your prolly right Ken, although I don't get why anyone would rather use FB etc than a propper angling forum like this one.

Same here. I signed up in 2012, and locked the account 6 months later - Far too intrusive.

• Thanks 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

18 hours ago, Ken L said:

Same here. I signed up in 2012, and locked the account 6 months later - Far too intrusive.

And you can't arrange it like you want! me I like minimalism it wants the opposite and continually bombards you with more.

Who wants to see peoples tea as their highlight of their life

• Haha 2

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Hooray! It works fine now, I can now create and answer posts.

Thank you for sorting my problem Elton; and also thanks to Ian for letting Elton know :thumbs:

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 2

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

On 6/8/2023 at 11:19 PM, Tigger said:

Why anyone would rather use FB etc than a propper angling forum like this one beats me too Ian.

NB: Thanks for helping to sort my problem with the forum Ian 

As you can see Elton has sorted it now. :thumbs:

Keith

Edited by BoldBear
  • Like 3

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

On 6/10/2023 at 8:58 PM, BoldBear said:

Why anyone would rather use FB etc than a propper angling forum like this one beats me too Ian.

NB: Thanks for helping to sort my problem with the forum Ian 

As you can see Elton has sorted it now. :thumbs:

Keith

Great stuff, anything for you Keith 👍.

Elton to the rescue many thanks Elton 😎👍.

• Like 1

I'll be encouraging my Granddaughter's boyfriend to join the forum - Keegan is just turned 21 & has already caught Carp up to 14 & 1/2 Lb.

Not bad for a lad with no previous fishing background. 

His Boss (a carpet fitter) asked him if he fancied a bit of Fishing - It just went on from there!!

He's bought some gear now & my mate is giving him a very nice seatbox + I've got some stuff for him.

He calls me Grandad, he's a great kid.

We all went to Croatia a couple of weeks ago & thoroughly enjoyed it.

• Like 3

Fishin' - "Best Fun Ya' can 'ave wi' Ya' Clothes On"!!

It’ll be nice to get a new face on the forum :thumbs:

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...