Egg Case ID

SandTiger

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

I can think of worse places to be..
David, I thought you were going to give us a quick rendition of The Stranglers 'Peaches' there :)

Have heard of quite a few cuckoo rays washed up near St Andrews - have fancied trying to catch one from the beach if possible?

Hi All,

On the rubbish on the beach issue, Cyfen Sidan is a wash with all sorts of junk and it is not down to anglers.

Very few anglers visit the beach.

The mono of which there are literally thousands of yards comes from discarded gill nets.

The other rubbish is from visitors walking the beach with dogs and holiday makers from Pembry Park.

We tend to take a lot of stick on this issue simply because we are there and people assume we are the cause.

On the two recent boat trips I went on both skippers had rubbish bags and the only thing that went over the side was un-used bait and fish guts both of which would be fully used by the system.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

I agree i think anglers get the finger pointed at far too easily. On saterday a group of folk 20 rods strong, me included fished a beach on loch fyne, afterwords you would never have known anyone was there...

Tho there was alot of washed up rubbish at the top of the beach. Probably owing to the many many tourists to the area.

Tight Lines

Shaun

On the egg cases over the years I have seen hundreds washed up and never really given thought as to the species involved.

I will make more of an effort in the future, found it very interesting.

[ 05. April 2005, 10:10 AM: Message edited by: Ken Davison South Wales ]

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist