Frozen peeler.

five bellies

whilst on a quest,for a supplier of early season peeler this year, I happend appon a tackle dealer

selling Frozen veitnamise soft shell crab as a peeler substitute,seeing as I was having no luck sourcing fresh homegrown crab I gave it a go.I found it to have a

very high water content. having said that the bait presented on the hook fairly well, but washed out in next to no time. The only fish that fell to it was a average sized pout. Has any one faired better on it, may be I was just having an average type of day.Or as I suspect Is it a waste of time? :confused:

[ 24. May 2005, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: five bellies ]

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

How much was he charging? I got some from the local chinese supermaket and it worked out about a quid a crab. Same stuff: Vietnamese swimmers (look like our velvets)

Not used it enough to form an opinion, but it does not seem to have the same foul mix of juices the local stuff does...

Help predict climate change!

http://climateprediction.net

Hello Jaffa,

£4.60 per half dozen,they are the same as the ones at the chinese super market as I have seen them for sale there as well. Just cheaper.

thanks for the Reply

Tite lines

Five Bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Very interesting graham every little helps, the price is excellent value if these crabs are as good as the guy says,the ones which were pushed in sea angler last year are not really that good ,i am lucky there is plenty of peelers here but hard work is collecting and looking after them but it is always worth it in the end.

http://sea-otter2.co.uk/

Probably Whitby's most consistent charterboat

Untitled-1.jpg

Iv'e tried these and thought they were a waste of money,watery and not worthy of a cod bait,don't know about other species tho, they may catch other things.....

Save more money still and go to the mark at low water, and gather your own? Crabs, mussells, whatever. Small shrimps found under weed make a better tipping bait than squid?

Well 3 million 2oz pout can`t be wrong? :D

We don`t use J`s anymore!!