Its a dangerous game!

Snatcher

How many of you chaps have had a near death experience whilst pursuing the gentle art? During my 40+ years of angling have had quite a few "near misses". Have been dumped into the sea twice by freak waves,fallen in whilst collecting mussels off the rocks,been swept downriver by a flash flood,fallen in the river fishing while p-ssed,nearly ran aground whilst boat fishing,nearly rolled a car whilst towing a boat and the wheel came off the trailer,fallen down some cliffs.

So am I accident prone or just a total knob or is this about par for the course?

Oh nearly forgot - have been attacked by a great white,see my posting on 25 May!

[ 09. August 2004, 07:16 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More of a Mr McGoo type

[ 09. August 2004, 07:57 PM: Message edited by: Snatcher ]

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

You think you`re a walking disaster area snatcher?

Just ask any skipper in Weymouth, why first aid kits are compulsory on charter boats. If I haven`t spilled my blood on the deck, then we haven`t been fishing!! Hooks, filleting knives, gaffs. One of them will end up spilling my blood before the trip is finished.

How`s about entering Bray harbour in a force 7, when one of the throttle cable retainers decides to part company with its` housing? "Skipper. Do we realy have to hit the wall head on?" " Just sit tight and pray!!"

:o:o Paul. :o:o

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

or even try leaving Bray harbour in a force 7 and the skipper turns the boat round saying **** this we're staying another day and you end up staying another 3 and eventually you leave in a measly force 6 you get mid channel he cuts the throttle back and shouts alright down you go lads, everyone says your having a laugh and he says he's not leaving til everyone has caught a fish.

45 minutes later your surfing back to weymouth and you can't even se the horizon behind the boat.

nearly ran aground whilst boat fishing

Hells Clanging Bells man, if 'nearly' is the closest you've ever come, I'd say you've led a sheltered life. :D

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Yes Spasor,done the hook thing a few times,only needed the doctors scalpel once though. Also done the filleting knife bit and the ever so sharp luncheon meat can top into the fingers. Never had an anchor on the toes yet but I have seen it done so I suppose it is just a matter of time. Ripped off a fingernail whilt casting with a Scarborough reel in my youth. It all seems to come with the territory chaps.

Would reccomend having a look at the posting from waddis on the coarse fishing forum from 2 days ago "my worst day ever" it sounds like me in my youth!

Pass the bandage someone!

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair