Spinning Rods????

me

why are spinning rods so small and not very strong? Because if you go fishing off a pier or something with one and you catch a Mackeral you can't get it up!! :confused:

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

suggest you wine and dine it first

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith

I like catching makrel on light spinning gear, but I tend to get nearer the water so there's not as far to lift it.

It may be that your reel is the problem, in that it can't wind a fish at 90 degrees too easily, if you do have a problem, just grap the line and haul it up, hand over hand.

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

Hiya, I've fished with Davy Holt, and he has some of the smallest spinning rods I have ever seen, they must be about 2 foot long, in fact I thought they were toys, but no, I've seen him bring up some very nice Mackeral and big Doggies on them.

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

i have 3 spinning rods which are all 4-5 ft. They're handy for camping. That's the sort i was on about when i put.

quote:

why are spinning rods so small and not very strong?

Nathan

Genuine Taff

Probably...

have 3 spinning rods which are all 4-5 ft. They're handy for camping.

i use a tent for camping

but everybody to there own

maybe you use them for poles :confused: :confused:

les

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

My smallest spinning rod is 9ft(not welcome on a busy pier). But I`ve tried one of Davy Holts micro spinning rods(at Lochaline)and only had to hand-line a few coalies up. Rods are designed to cast a certain weight, not haul fish up the side of a pier. :rolleyes:

And if you catch a 15lb bass by mistake, have a drop-net handy.

:P Paul. :P

We don`t use J`s anymore!!