Abbotsbury At Its BEST

MainBassMan

:(:):( Trying :P 2moro :P night as self employed lucky git - maybe luck will change!!!
BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

MJB:

Dan,

Can you point us in the direction of any evidence for this? I've googled various phrases and so far only turned up a couple of folks saying " They die if you touch them"

There were posts here last summer on the very subject, this was one http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...=2;t=003023;p=2 look for leons post and heres another http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/cgi-bin/ubb/ul...ic;f=2;t=001875

Dan

[ 15. June 2005, 12:46 AM: Message edited by: Dan ]

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I think the evidence comes from livebait being handled and the kept in big tanks for bass livebaiting. I tried this recently and the skipper took each mackerel off with a t-bar ie. no human contact. I for one now believe it to be a fact.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

main BASS man???

I caught 50, 60 ,mackeral tonight! :rolleyes:

Does your nurse know you`re out?

Either you own a cattery, live with a load of travellers or have an immense waistline.

Half a dozen would have been enough for bait. 2 dozen would have half filled the freezer. Why fish for more?

Plenty of room in the Yak shop.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

peterthefisherman:

I think the evidence comes from livebait being handled and the kept in big tanks for bass livebaiting. I tried this recently and the skipper took each mackerel off with a t-bar ie. no human contact. I for one now believe it to be a fact.

Hiya,

I was told about if by the aquarist at Deep Sea World, even a glove hand was enough to damage the skin

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

When we were using live mackeral for bait, the skipper wouldnt even let us put our hands in the bait tank...we had to net them out....

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

I like that EEK Norrie.

It comes down to a very simple matter if science. If you put a nice pair of scrubbed hands on bait, some of the lovely chemicals in the soap (oils, perfumes etc) will transfer to, and adversely effect the natural scents of the bait!

Most cleansing products that us humans use, are to mask our natural odours. They are also transmitted to baits that we subsequently use.

Fish don`t follow scent trails with added `Lemon Zest`, `Sun Screen` or `Splash it all Over`!! It`s an alien, therefore dangerous scent to them?

When I go fishing, I`ve got a smelly old towel hanging from my floatie pocket. And I won`t wash my hands until we`ve packed up for the day! (Ask anyone) :P

Confucious say. "Man who smells of cherries, only catch tarts".

Mackeral die very quickly if exposed to an alien environment. The main reason that RobT won`t let us ever handle a live mackeral until we`re hooking it as bait.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!