Skate Gear

KennyC

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Lee, Sounds like you are sorted. Good for you...

ST, I got a mail from Gerry's, seemingly there server was down :rolleyes: I've agreed to take a new tip ring and araldite to repair the rod. They promise to look after me on future orders. :confused:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Norrie

Don't fit a new tip with araldite - it's very hard to remove if/when you need to change it.

Get some hot melt glue instead.

"To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first, and call whatever you hit the target."

Ok John,I will do, I suppose the Araldite will come in handy. Actually I've never used it before, I use super glue, and boiling water to get it back off when needed. But, they said that was what to use. I did think about it at the time. Thanks AGAIN......

Theocritis..

Just use a glue stick, the one that come with the glue guns, if you haven't the gun, just slice a small piece off, insert into top eye, put a lighter or match under it for 5/10 seconds and fit to rod, align and thats it, off you go again, when it need replacing reverse the operation. Take all of two minutes ;o)

I've got the gun etc, but never thought it would do for tip rings, I will certainly give it a go when the ring shows up,Thanks guys. :D

Theocritis..

Norrie.

Listen to seahog. I`ve seen a guy snap the end ring off a rod whilst wrecking. A few of the crew had replaced the ring in time for the next drift as good as new!!

I spent the rest of the trip waiting for that ring to come off. But, of course it didn`t.

Who needs tackle shop repairs anymore?

Paul.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

hi, I have replaced many eyes over the years and I find boat rod tip eyes need less holding than beach casters...I think its because of the shock leader not when power casting hitting the tip eye and popping it off....Gerry has always been good to me, he always throws something extra in when you buy an outfit..I bought a Penn groundcaster when they first came out and had no end of trouble with the eye's...Gerry sent me a full set of Fuji's to replace all the old ones..and a phone call to penn in Glasgow got me a second set free as well :D Regards Lee

quote:

Shakespeare 50lb Class Braid Rod
ST - I was looking at those on the net. It's not overly heavy to fish with is it? - I was also considering the 50lb Ugly Stick Conger but its a bit longer and it has one of those butt winch fitting joins which I am beginning to find annoying!!