i couldnt help it i had to get it

Andy_1984

Rocket Rod  

21 members have voted

1. 1. what do you think of the rocket rod

• great for a bit of fun on the bank side with the kids
    • wouldnt use it. its not a proper rod
    • looks dangerous and might cause damage to fish (post why you think this)
    • i might look like a plonker if i use it

lighten up rabbit, i have taught him how to fish properly its the way ive showed him all along and he will grow up to be a man like the rest of us. castings a bit off but getting better.

as others have said this is a bit of fun and i did take in to consideration a lot of factors in deciding if i should get it or not, being an angler after all i should know these things right ;), should i order you one buddy :)

no worries though im going to get a small reliable and durable fixed spool for his little shakespear 6ft'r and get him spinning for trout this summer where the rocket rod cant be used

A matter of opinion, mine is that cheap horrible tackle should not be used on fish or any other sort of wildlife come to that. After all your sig is ''respect the fish'' just how you can do that with that thing is beyond me. Even the manufacture refer to targets as creatures. Rest my case...and save your money Andy no need for crap like that in the Rabbit household :)

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A matter of opinion, mine is that cheap horrible tackle should not be used on fish or any other sort of wildlife come to that. After all your sig is ''respect the fish'' just how you can do that with that thing is beyond me. Even the manufacture refer to targets as creatures. Rest my case...and save your money Andy no need for crap like that in the Rabbit household :)

i believe they refer to fish as "Creatures" to attract youngsters

can easily respect the fish by adjusting drag and supervising my nephew and making sure they are unhooked and returned safely.

what other features do you think are going to cause any problems and i bet i can sort it. ive seen stranger more dangerous things and this is not one of them.

if you ask anyone who has fished with me they will tell you i put fish safety first and would not knowngly put them in danger. you should see some of the replies to the "your earliest memory of fishing" kids eh...

not trying to argue with you rabbit i just think your a little ott on this one

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk

Dear oh dear, i can confirm that all the fish caught with the gun was returned alive and well, that is more than the respect shown to the fish that the other guys were catching with 'normal' tackle so that argument is not accepted. It is down to personal education with regards to how you treat fish surly. That day my boy learned the value of putting them back alive compared with the other kids who all they were worried about was landing the fish and tugging the hooks out without a care if the fish was to live or not. quite a few of thier catch floated past me in the tide unfortunatly.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Dear oh dear, i can confirm that all the fish caught with the gun was returned alive and well, that is more than the respect shown to the fish that the other guys were catching with 'normal' tackle so that argument is not accepted. It is down to personal education with regards to how you treat fish surly. That day my boy learned the value of putting them back alive compared with the other kids who all they were worried about was landing the fish and tugging the hooks out without a care if the fish was to live or not. quite a few of thier catch floated past me in the tide unfortunatly.

And you did what?

And you did what?

At the time Rabbit i was told by my wife to button it as i was telling these guys the error of there ways including removing undersized fish for the barbeque. All it left me at the time was to show them catch and release by myself and my boy, ok. Is that acceptable for you.

post-10666-1228932340_thumb.jpg

My boy with his very first 'gun' fish, note it doesn't appear to be mistreated and it was returned alive. How can anyone in the right frame of mind criticize or object to that? Fine example of me and my boy having fun, at the expence of £9.99 that kept two families ammused for a few hours, seems like an absolute bargain to me, roll on next year.

Compare the chances of this fish if it was caught by a commercial, disgard ring a bell?

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

At the time Rabbit i was told by my wife to button it as i was telling these guys the error of there ways including removing undersized fish for the barbeque. All it left me at the time was to show them catch and release by myself and my boy, ok. Is that acceptable for you.

post-10666-1228932340_thumb.jpg

My boy with his very first 'gun' fish, note it doesn't appear to be mistreated and it was returned alive. How can anyone in the right frame of mind criticize or object to that? Fine example of me and my boy having fun, at the expence of £9.99 that kept two families ammused for a few hours, seems like an absolute bargain to me, roll on next year.

Compare the chances of this fish if it was caught by a commercial, disgard ring a bell?

Well seemed as if could have been mentioned what with all the carnage floating by :unsure: Good on you to have a word, now it's just that gun thing that meeds addressing :P

Then whats got a hundred balls and ****s Rabbits?????????

A Shotgun!!!

Does it for me :D:P:D :D

Pardon me?

Was that am attempt at a joke :unsure:

Probably not.

Is there a real reason you are trying to suck all the fun out of what was originally a very light hearted topic?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President