Can commercial fishermen and sea anglers work together?

Ian Burrett

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fishing news is conducting a poll to see if commercials and sea anglers can work together

Detaiks at http://www.fishingnews.co.uk/heighway/home.htm?site=fnw

I recon we must have rattled a few cages for them even to consider it. :lol:

:clap2: If the commercials would see that a healthy fish stock for anglers would benefit them also there wouldn't be a problem but they don't want to lose out while waiting for stocks to improve and fish to grow bigger. Unfortunately they want it now, not in 3 or 5 years time.

No point in talking to them. As soon as you mention conservation, they either accuse you of wanting to put them out of work, or state that there is no shortage of fish. Let them stew. :2::2:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

At the end of the day they will have little choice other to than work with other stake holders or loose their shout.

Given that choice I think they will come round, we are their best allies amongst those claiming a stake in the fisheries as we both like to catch :D:D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

At the end of the day they will have little choice other to than work with other stake holders or loose their shout.

Given that choice I think they will come round, we are their best allies amongst those claiming a stake in the fisheries as we both like to catch :D:D

The poll is currently 34% to 66% against the concept of anglers and commercial fishermen working together.

Given that the majority of the FN readership are from the commercial sector, I think they've made their stance quite clear.

We'll see how the final vote goes, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a positive outcome.

If working together means them telling us to get stuffed every time we propose things that will benefit the FISHERY, like they have so far, then the answer is no. Working together doesn't mean being dictated to, it means making compromises. Commercial fishermen in general, (there are a few exceptions), refuse to give even an inch.

I like the idea of us working together for the benefit of the FISHERY, but I don't seriously think it will happen any time soon.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.

The poll is currently 34% to 66% against the concept of anglers and commercial fishermen working together.

Given that the majority of the FN readership are from the commercial sector, I think they've made their stance quite clear.

We'll see how the final vote goes, but I wouldn't hold your breath for a positive outcome.

The question was "Can commercial fishermen and sea anglers work together?".

A positive outcome would of course be yes.

But, the fact that the majority say no is not just attributable to commercial fishermen, everyone above is saying no (and I guess plenty more that follow will too) - it seems to me that neither sector really wants to work with the other.

The question was "Can commercial fishermen and sea anglers work together?".

A positive outcome would of course be yes.

But, the fact that the majority say no is not just attributable to commercial fishermen, everyone above is saying no (and I guess plenty more that follow will too) - it seems to me that neither sector really wants to work with the other.

Efforts to do so have failed miserably so far due to the commercial sectors point blank refusal to change anything. The only thing that will change anything now is new laws, regulations, rules, restrictions, etc. All the stuff that neither side really wants.

DRUNK DRIVERS WRECK LIVES.

Don't drink and drive.