The Drones are coming!

Dave H

At present i am a dog’s body for a mate who uses drones on film sets using obviously gimbals and now we are making our own. They are top quality movies (he did a few clips in Sky fall the bond movie).

This got me thinking about using them for fishing but for reconnaissance and i am sure is next on the session carpers list. Just think about off loading boilies right in the spot and even taking your end tackle right off your spool to the spot. I am thinking of using one for tracking down lost birds of prey but fishing!!!!

Surely carpers must have caught up with this and so i looked on u tube and here was a guy catching a fish....LOL

Dale...This is right up your street ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2hqppfBJmng

There is not one thing different between ideology and religeon

I find this all a bit sad. I think that casting is an integral part of the skill of fishing and my feeling is that if you can't cast to it then you shouldn't be fishing for it. For this reason I am not a great lover of baitboats either.

• Like 1

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Not sure I agree Dave. I think casting is only a tiny part of angling. Neither being able to cast to the noon or having a baitboat makes a good angler in my book.

I think its been a couple of seasons since I cast more than 30 yards..... :)

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Not sure I agree Dave. I think casting is only a tiny part of angling. Neither being able to cast to the noon or having a baitboat makes a good angler in my book.

I think its been a couple of seasons since I cast more than 30 yards..... :)

I don't think many can cast further than 30yds with a centrepin Brian ;):lol: .

I didn't necessarily mean casting long distances. I certainly don't these days. It is just one of the skills, but I think it is an important one. Maybe that's the fly fishing background.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I'd give vagabond some credit for telling me quite early in my fishing years that on many waters 90% of the food is within 6 foot of the bank so that's where the fish will often be. Coarse or fly I think thinking about that has served me well.

I know you will know better Dave, but I do think we should tell some of the newer anglers that all the fish aren't always as far as you can cast (or that bit further) and bigger rods, reels, weights, baitboats or even a drone, often won't help.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Just a natural progression from the largely artificial sections of angling we already have.

Nothing surprises me anymore, angers me yes, but doesn't surprise me.

John

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

It's about as far from angling as I can imagine.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.