Whats up with these blithering idiots...

Dave H

I suspect he's only sorry because patients are leaving his dental practice in droves after seeing his tally of disgusting "trophies" (A white rhino FFS!) posted all over the media.

Hopefully the vile little man will soon be destitute and unable to kill anything more globally significant than a backwoods deer.

Edited by Ken L
  • Like 1

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

who pay money to go round the world and stick an arrow in a lion.

I note that the newspapers claim he paid a fee equivalent to £32,000 for the chance to kill that lion. Dunno how true that is, but if it is correct, then :-

1. I wonder who benefits from that fee. I guess not the guide and tracker.

2. If a dentist can afford such a fee, then clearly, Newt and Phone, you are paying far too much for your dentistry over there.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Here your answer Vagabond.

Why US dentists are so darn rich

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Thanks Newt.

Here your answer Vagabond.

Why US dentists are so darn rich

It was not, however, a question, more of a statement, which your link supports.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

I note that the newspapers claim he paid a fee equivalent to £32,000 for the chance to kill that lion. Dunno how true that is, but if it is correct, then :-

1. I wonder who benefits from that fee. I guess not the guide and tracker.

I suspect the majority of the fee he paid would go to pay for the permit to shoot that particular animal (different species have different prices, lion hunting isn't illegal in Zim or a number of other African countries but is strictly managed ) so it would go to some branch of the Zim government. These fees then in theory are used to fund a variety of things including conservation work and anti poaching measures. However due to the endemic corruption in most African governments (If you think ours is bent you want to read up on what happens in countries like Zimbabwe and South Africa) how much actually gets to where its supposed to go is anyones guess.

I suspect the majority of the fee he paid would go to pay for the permit to shoot that particular animal (different species have different prices, lion hunting isn't illegal in Zim or a number of other African countries but is strictly managed ) so it would go to some branch of the Zim government. These fees then in theory are used to fund a variety of things including conservation work and anti poaching measures. However due to the endemic corruption in most African governments (If you think ours is bent you want to read up on what happens in countries like Zimbabwe and South Africa) how much actually gets to where its supposed to go is anyones guess.

When you had a man of the people like this the whole continent stinks

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Bédel_Bokassa

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

He must feel very proud of luring a wild lion out of his protected home, away from his pride and his family and then, bravely and without fear for his own safety (this was the most tamest and human-friendly lion in the reserve) unnervingly put a crossbow bolt into the beast. Then dedicated the next two days to doggedly tracking down the severely wounded animal so that the extremely risky process of shooting it at close range could be completed.

I'm well aware that the white settlers of the great African continent did nothing but this day after day for many, many years. But that was then in their relative ignorance; surely in today's enlightened society we understand and respect the value of wildlife and its right to life. How primitive this man's way of thinking that it's an acceptable practice to pay silly money for the right to annihilate majestic animals that the vast majority of humankind want to watch and admire.

I don't know and can't imagine why this man would view this type of "hunting" as an achievement or satisfying in any way, but here's clearly a market for it. And the African states will never look such a gift horse in the mouth, as it were. Money, above all, talks and a big cat like Cecil was no more than a big earner when it came down to it.

Sad.

• Like 1

Our chief weapon is surprise