Prince Harry

five bellies

I think What needs to be kept in focus is Harry was a teenager three years ago when he called a coleague and friend a Paki,I dont Know one Man who hasnt said Or done something as a teenager that dosn't give him a Cringe of embarrasment in latter life, Off course what he said was unacceptable,and cant be defended even by the fact that the lads where Pal's, But every News report for the last two days have been swamped by, a stupid remark made by, an at the time un-world wise boy He said sorry and no one has died, The Rag Head remark is common Military Parlance as was Fuzzy wuzzy in the Sudan war. Terribly politicaly incorrect but so is War! I think every Brit soldier in the Gulf and Afghanistan would be stuck on for using that Term, A story told to me by a Falklands vetran was Bennies was a term used by Service men for for Falklanders When It came to light, the MOD banned the term Bennie

Falklander then Began to be called NOTS, When Challanged by an officer as to what a NOT was, A sqaudie repleid Not a Bennie sir.

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a lot of fuss over nothing ,we get called poms in oz (probably a lot worse) so what .

paki is short for pakistani far easier to say far far quicker to write is shortening a word abuse if so Scots are Scotsmen (or even persons) its what's behind it when its said rather than the word itself.

if shortening words was an offence every texter in the land would be crims and having seen some very cryptic ones perhaps they should be procecuted :rolleyes:

a women on the telly "we're much more PC today" errr lady perhaps you are but "we're" is a word used by minorities trying to impose their outlook on life on majorities as (whatever royal it was) didnt have a swearword immediatly before or after the "paki" bit it was probably an "affectionate" term just as my old man was always called paddy although born here his mum was irish ,never bothered him! F'ing paddy or paddy "C" may have but even then just being a word would not have killed him nor anyone else.

anyone can call me anything they wish and it wont bother me (although they will have to get clever to find new insults) and being able to shrug off these words i reserve every right to call anyone else what i please ,if they dont like it its their problem in not doing the same

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I always object to being called a Brit on the assumption that if some contractions like that are insulting then they all are, of course I'm just being difficult though, typical Yorkie!

I'm English and i like sprouts :thumbs: not a brit whatso ever

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I think What needs to be kept in focus is Harry was a teenager three years ago when he called a coleague and friend a Paki,I dont Know one Man who hasnt said Or done something as a teenager that dosn't give him a Cringe of embarrasment in latter life, Off course what he said was unacceptable,and cant be defended even by the fact that the lads where Pal's, But every News report for the last two days have been swamped by, a stupid remark made by, an at the time un-world wise boy He said sorry and no one has died, The Rag Head remark is common Military Parlance as was Fuzzy wuzzy in the Sudan war. Terribly politicaly incorrect but so is War! I think every Brit soldier in the Gulf and Afghanistan would be stuck on for using that Term, A story told to me by a Falklands vetran was Bennies was a term used by Service men for for Falklanders When It came to light, the MOD banned the term Bennie

Falklander then Began to be called NOTS, When Challanged by an officer as to what a NOT was, A sqaudie repleid Not a Bennie sir.

A NOTS?? Does that mean Not On Their Side? :huh:

But as far as Harry is concerned he is an annoying little erk, I had the dubious pleasure of living just a couple of miles from Highgrove when he was a teenager, the chaos he called in and around Tetbury is legendry, OK he was young and high spirited but it carried over to his military career, and who can forget the Nazi dressing up, the fights outside night clubs etc etc.

He does need to toe the line, he is a figure head, and will influence his peers. As far as Militiaty slang yea I do know a little about that and to call a colleague a Paki would be about as offensive as if he was a civillian.

However I thought that everyone in this day and age grasped the concept the term Paki was not acceptable, apart from Chesters and HRH Harrry Wales it seems :rolleyes:

I completely agree Fivebellies,

What he said is completely unacceptable in the context of a grown man talking about a stranger in the west (although that didn't stop George W) but completely understandable in the context of a boy in training talking about a mate in a war zone.

[We're] working hard to convince both the Indians and the Pakis there's a way to deal with their problems without going to war.

-- Jan. 7, 2001

Love the Faulklands story BTW.

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Off course what he said was unacceptable,and cant be defended even by the fact that the lads where Pal's
I don't get that bit FB. When I was a teenager and in my early twenties I was in the Merchant Navy. I had a great chum in the Merch. His name was Adenor Maxwell, but everyone called him Andy. Andy was born in Freetown in Sierra Leone, but had a British passport because he was an orphan, he was adopted by a missionary couple from Liverpool. He had lived in Liverpool since he was six years old. It goes without saying that Andy was black, black as coal.

The first time I met Andy I must have only been 17 or 18 and Andy was in his sixties. If Andy is still alive, he must be a very old man, but he must be dead by now I think. Andy and I were real mates despite our difference in age and background but we used to call each other some awful names. He was a Donkeyman, one day he came out of the engine room for his smoko, and he came into the bar for a beer. He had been working on the oil purifiers and the sweat was lashing out of him.

The purifier flat is one of the hottest parts of a diesel engined ship's engine room. The temperature in the flats normally reaches somewher in the region of 40C to 55C with a relative humidity of 80%-90%. Most men can't stand that kind of heat for much more than 20 minutes at a time, Andy was no exception. After quaffing his beer, he settled his glass on the bar and looked at us all, then gave me a surreptitious wink and said "Just look at all you lazy white b@stards, sitting here in your nice air conditioned bar, whilst I'm down in that engine room sweating my black balls off'. This was my cue to ask him why he didn't 'F**k right off back to effing Seirra effing Leone' or tell him to get back to the engine room before I 'hacked off his black gonads with a effing boning knife, and stuff them down his effing black throat'. We were always trading insults like that Andy and I. After work we used to play crib together and laugh about the expressions on some of the faces of our colleagues in reaction to the days banter. It was especially funny when we had some new crew members who were unaccustomed to our daily exchange of pleasantries. We only had one rule, and that was we didn't do it ashore, in front of landlubbers who would never understand that it was all just good fun.

It's not the words that matter, it's the context in which they are used. George Carlin would have understood exactly where we were coming from.

Youtube Video ->Original Video
Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Wouldn't the only offensive use of the abbreviation (for that is all it is!) Paki be if you used it against a non-Pakistani.

If it were offensive, we'd be up in arms about being called a 'Brit'.

Get over it.

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

i think some are forgeting that the abbreviation has always been used in a racial hurtful way for as long as atleast i can remember

i cant remember ever being called a brit or a scot in a way that would be racial or hurtful so its not just a simple abbreviation.

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk