Who's been catching in the snow?

The Flying Tench

Spot on Neil, the Thames here is over its banks, full of freezing cold snow melt, rain and salt. I hope people made the most of it while it was snowy and beautiful, I think the next few weeks will be gruellers!

Depends on how much more rain we get as the EA flood the river off much quicker these days due to flooding risk but yes for a few days at least now it will be hard going at best steve

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Depends on how much more rain we get as the EA flood the river off much quicker these days due to flooding risk but yes for a few days at least now it will be hard going at best steve

Yes, the reason I said a few weeks is because there's still an awful lot of snow, ice and salt around here. With a slow thaw, it's going to constantly trickle into the rivers over the next 10 days or so, and then need to work its way down. Even the chub might not feed!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Yes, the reason I said a few weeks is because there's still an awful lot of snow, ice and salt around here. With a slow thaw, it's going to constantly trickle into the rivers over the next 10 days or so, and then need to work its way down. Even the chub might not feed!

Having just gone over the marina to check on the boa tand seeing first hand all the water standing in the fields that now look more like lakes than fields i have to admit that Anderoos guess may be a lot closer to the truth than mine,Esp as the higher ground around Streatley and the Ridgeway still has fields covered in snow :( hope it melts quickly and get it done and dusted but i dont think it will Steve.

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Having just gone over the marina to check on the boa tand seeing first hand all the water standing in the fields that now look more like lakes than fields i have to admit that Anderoos guess may be a lot closer to the truth than mine,Esp as the higher ground around Streatley and the Ridgeway still has fields covered in snow :( hope it melts quickly and get it done and dusted but i dont think it will Steve.

I hope so too Steve, one big horrible quick melt would be good!

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Went up to the river Eden yesterday and was expecting plenty of snow but when i arrived there was hardly any.That didn't bother me though as the reason for the trip was to try out my new pin,something i hadn't had the chance to do since my casting lesson from the gentleman Alan'darlings'Roe(cheers Alan).The sun was bright,the river was running quite low and very clear

grayling004.jpg

First cast produced this lovely grayling,my first pin caught fish :clap2: and my first chance to join the 'photo of a fish next to centre-pin'club.

grayling002.jpg

The first 30 mins produced 3 Grayling and 1 trout then everything went quiet but i ended up with 7 grayling and 1 trout.I enjoyed myself that much i decided to return again today where my catch consisted of 3 Grayling and 5 trout,here's a pic of todays biggest.

grayling007.jpg

Nice one Wellyphant. I bet you're glad you met up with Alan and learned the wallise cast......it does come in handy especially in smallish rivers using the one where you cast out with the rod facing forward. It's surprising how far and accurate you can cast with that particular method.

Well done Wellyphant see it's easy innit! :D

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

Wellyphant a major well done sir [insanely jealous face] i am still searching for my first elusive Grayling on the pin,well they are bloody elusive to me [fed up with trout face] ,great pics and story Steve.