What Happens When The Police Impound Your Car?

Elton

Take it off him and sell it, fine (although whether a rich man should be fined quite so much more than a poor man is debatable), crushing a perfectly good £140,000 motor car is just vandalism and waste - reuse, repair, recycle and all that. You wouldn't burn down a house because the owner hadn't paid his taxes.

I quite agree on the bit about vandalism and waste. In fact it would be totally irrational.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.lawanswers.co.uk/questions/stop...collect-the-car

Seems they only auction it if you don't pay to get it back.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

...although whether a rich man should be fined quite so much more than a poor man is debatable...

Surely not?

If we agree that the purpose of a fine is both punishment and deterrent, then it seems obvious that a £50 fine is not the same punishment or deterrent to a millionaire as it is to someone with only £50 to their name.

Geoff

Surely not?

If we agree that the purpose of a fine is both punishment and deterrent, then it seems obvious that a £50 fine is not the same punishment or deterrent to a millionaire as it is to someone with only £50 to their name.

Note I said "quite so much" - is 140,000 pounds proportionate and reasonable, when the loss could be as little as 50 quid for someone else? Any fine he receives in court will reflect his wealth, but it won't be geared to that extent. The normal range of penalties (for which he will still be liable) for driving without a full licence is 3-6 points and a maximum fine of £1000.

For an idea of what ordinary people get for the same offence, see:

http://www.hastingsobserver.co.uk/newshast...ence.3722780.jp

http://www.roadsupervisors.net/shb.news.htm

http://news.scotsman.com/breaking-news/Tee...ment.4765485.jp

The answer is in that article - "When asked to provide his documentation, it was discovered the driver did not have a full UK driving licence and was advised to arrange removal of the car.

"As he could not arrange this, the car was removed under Section 165 of Road Traffic Act 1988."

All they did was act as Bluddy Chaufeur for HIM!!! Oh they will charge him for moving it - about £100.00 if that!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The answer is in that article - "When asked to provide his documentation, it was discovered the driver did not have a full UK driving licence and was advised to arrange removal of the car.

"As he could not arrange this, the car was removed under Section 165 of Road Traffic Act 1988."

All they did was act as Bluddy Chaufeur for HIM!!! Oh they will charge him for moving it - about £100.00 if that!!

I don't usually get involved in this kind of debate but.....

Any arrogant and irresponsible idiot like this should be deported.

Not because he flouted a few traffic regulations but because he is at risk of killing and/or seriously injuring innocent people. The reason for his arrogance is that he earns more money in a year than most people earn in a lifetime and as a 'celebrity' probably realises that the penalties for his arrogance will only equal a few minutes of his hard earned (now you're having a laugh) money and just for kicking a ball around.

Any fines levied (before he is deported) should reflect his income and he should be fined for not having a licence, not having valid insurance and the consequential points on his non existent licence. Plus of course, the cost to the taxpayer of the removal from the motorway of his car and the court case.

If you feel that my views are extreme or exaggerated, who are the people most likely to copy or consider his actions heroic, brave or anarchistic enough to be supported? Yep, young lads, your or my kids who see their 'hero' with a slightly blemished record but still earning a packet, result? Personal tragedy.

Mr. Angry, Herefordshire

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Mr. Angry, Herefordshire - Chelsea Fan :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Leave the nice shiny Bentley alone - Do the world a favour and crush the footballer instead :D

Now, there's a plan!

Hiya..In the next town to us, Bonnybridge, there's a breakers called All parts Auto Salvage, they get all the cars for breaking, ( not all are crushed) that have been taken off the road because of No Tax, MOT, or insurance...and believe me, there are some cracking cars in there..:) One of the girls in the office told me about a 1 year old BMW, which, when they got the boot open, was full of designer gear, and a new laptop!!! Theres a fine array of 4x4's too...its a wonder the owners of all those cars didnt just go and get insurance, or MOT...or tax........theres lots of cars from Criminals too..:) Good enough for them..

As for that car taken off that footy player...seems he might get a £1K fine!!! he'll have to work for about 3 minutes to earn that...I'd burn the car, make the git walk.....:):) What would have happened if he'd wiped out a family, and him not insured...?????

totally agree with you Norrie

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif