What Happens When The Police Impound Your Car?

Elton

I'd hazard a guess that his personal wealth exceeds most UK insurance payouts, mind you.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd hazard a guess that his personal wealth exceeds most UK insurance payouts, mind you.

So how much of a payout for a DEAD relative???

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

I don't know what the going rate is in the courts, Chris. What I was saying is that he can, no doubt, afford whatever that going rate is. Nothing more.

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

They won't crush it, that fate is for cars that are essentially worthless bangers. I would be furious to find out about such wanton waste.

no such thing as worthless bangers if they are beyond repair they are doners :D

far less depreciation in a banger than a brand new car ;)

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Flippant answer is that to self-insure, you have to lodge £500,000 with the Accountant General of the Supreme Court.

Was he accused of driving without insurance? I thought he'd committed a licence offence. If he has insurance, even if he has lied about his licence status, third parties are covered. The insurance company is not allowed to wriggle out of that obligation, though they are quite entitled to invalidate his policy with respect to any claims he makes on it.

no such thing as worthless bangers if they are beyond repair they are doners :D

far less depreciation in a banger than a brand new car ;)

Well, yes, but you have to look in terms of what it's worth net to the government once their overheads have been factored in. Bureaucracy doesn't come cheap, you know, there's all those pencils to buy. :lol:

They should really send anything that's given up for crushing to the scrappy, for whatever can be recycled to be removed.

How about this; brand new Dodge Viper, brought over here for research and development by an engine manufacturer. Still a perfectly good car when they'd finished with it, but the government gave no option to reuse it. Criminally wasteful, if you ask me:

"The reason for this one was that it was bought into the country not having paid the import duty. The options were to return it to America or destroy. the baling was also witnessed by a uniformed officer from customs and excise. If they would have asked i would have paid the duty myself."

viper1.jpg

viper2.jpg

viper3.jpg

viper3.jpg

What a waste!

As an aside, that looks like a two valve per cylinder pushrod engine (admittedly a V10). If that's what they put in the sports cars what do they put in saloons? cast iron side valve engines? Who was the engine manufacturer doing the R&D? Qualcast? :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Steve,

That's criminal (even though it is American).

What a waste!

As an aside, that looks like a two valve per cylinder pushrod engine (admittedly a V10). If that's what they put in the sports cars what do they put in saloons? cast iron side valve engines? Who was the engine manufacturer doing the R&D? Qualcast? :D

Dodge Viper ≠ 'sports car', it doesn't even come close. In the crusher was the best place for it.

Having said that I wouldn't say no to one of those, as long as I can find a sponsor to keep me in petrol.

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote