Another view

tincatinca

my dad would never had found out ,any marks were boys larking about etc ,mind you he was probably not interested he knew my best friend was me.

in my teens i built a shed and pretty well lived in it ,they (parents) often said why dont you go out ,i went fishing every weekend what other out is there <_<

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I told him I got the belt, then that would have been one thing. Being punched, kicked or hit with anything else would have been another story.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

my parents knew nothing even open evenings were conveniently forgotten until the day after :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Bring back the birch. What a ridiculous thing to say. Why not bring back the rack and burning at the stake when your at it?

Why ridiculous, what would you suggest to even up the score. To balance the scales of justice to suit the aggreived instead of pandering to the criminal who caused it. Half the space that they take up in a prison cell would cut overcrowding at a stroke. Along with serving all of the sentence are ideas that i would advocate.

Quote: Why not bring back the rack and burning at the stake when your at it? end Quote: Now i would agree that was a stupid statement, don't you.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Bring back the stocks. That would be a good punishment and deterrent.

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Why ridiculous, what would you suggest to even up the score. To balance the scales of justice to suit the aggreived instead of pandering to the criminal who caused it. Half the space that they take up in a prison cell would cut overcrowding at a stroke. Along with serving all of the sentence are ideas that i would advocate.

Quote: Why not bring back the rack and burning at the stake when your at it? end Quote: Now i would agree that was a stupid statement, don't you.

Enlighten us all Barry, what is the birch? When was it last used in the UK? Whre was it last used in the UK? When was it last used in the UK against minors? Ignore the Isle of Man. I'll give you a clue. Not in your lifetime.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Enlighten us all Barry, what is the birch? When was it last used in the UK? Whre was it last used in the UK? When was it last used in the UK against minors? Ignore the Isle of Man. I'll give you a clue. Not in your lifetime.

Here we go trying to creep the emotive issues into a topic by you mentioning minors etc, didn't say that did i. I'm older than you think Corydoras as i remember something like the birch being administered in prison, thanks for the compliment by the way. Perhaps you could answer some of my questions then instead of moving off on a tangent. I do have a view regarding minors, btw.

And do you agree with me that: Quote: Why not bring back the rack and burning at the stake when your at it? end Quote was a stupid statement.

Bring back the birch i say, replacement for tags, and community service, if they can be bothered to turn up.

more in a prison cell and to serve full sentence.

What say you. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

I was watching a real life show called Interceptors (which is a rapid response police team)

Yhey chased an idiot who had stolen a car and although he knew he couldn't lose them he hit three other vehicles in trying to escape!! How he didn't kill somebody, I don't know!!

Anyhow, when he was caught and searched - guess what - he was wearing a "tag"

They are a waste of space!!

Edited by kleinboet

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

The Birch was abolished as a judicial penalty in 1948, although it was retained as a punishment for violent breaches of prison discipline until 1962, the isle of man continued using the birch on young offenders until 1976 it was also used on teenage male offenders in Jersey and Guernsey until well into the 1960's. In commonwealth Trinidad and Tobago the 1953 Corporal Punishment Act allows the High Court to order males, in addition to another punishment (often concurrent with a prison term), to undergo corporal punishment in the form of either a 'flogging' with a knotted cat o' nine tails (made of cords, as in the Royal Navy tradition) or a 'whipping' with a 'rod' [i.e. switch] of tamarind, birch or other switches and allows the President to approve other instruments; in 2000, the original minimum age was raised from 16 to 18, the legal threshold of adulthood.

The definition of a birch rod is a bundle of leafless twigs bound together to form an implement for flagellation.

Contrary to what the name suggests, a birch rod is not a single rod and is not necessarily made from a birch tree, but can also be made from various other strong but flexible trees or shrubs, such as willow. A hazel rod is very tough, and therefore particularly painful; a bundle of four or five hazel twigs was used in the 1960s on the Isle of Man, the last place in Europe to use birching as a judicial penalty.

Another parameter for the severity of a birch rod is its size - i.e. its length, weight and number of branches. In some penal institutions, several versions were in use, which were often given names. For example, in Dartmoor Prison the device used to punish male offenders above the age of 16 - weighing some 16 ounces and a full 48 inches long - was known as the senior birch.

Thank you for the information, sounds like a nice bit of kit. Wonder what the wide boys would think of some of that compared with a tag.

Edited by barry luxton