Escaped maggots

The Flying Tench

the local birds eat them on our local pond before there kicked over ,i have to warn the anglers about the resident ducks one pair in particular come out of the water in the next swim and creep round behind you ,there in your bag after bread or in your maggot box before you notice :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUDGIE:

John ask Elton,is AN resident expert on this subject   :D  

How come Elton's been so reticent?

:D:D:D

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

My best was in the Red Lion at shi- forgot the name! but itn was the river Till Nothumberland. The fishing had been slow so we went fot a few pints and a game of darts. My mate Tony said"oh dear are they our maggots emerging from under that seat"

The beer wasoff and so were we!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got the t shirt

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Wasn't there something a couple of years ago in the papers about a youngster who split open a bag of maggots on a bus and in doing so upset all the other passengers? The upshot of it according to one local tackle shop at the time was that legislation was brought in banning the sale of maggots in bags. You had to have a bait box and if you had forgotten to bring one then they could not sell you any maggots. The option of course being to buy a bait box from them. Now I think of it I also got the same story from a tackle shop in Wroxham when I was on holiday.

A Hammond

We, up here in Yorkshire, up north up north, always used to buy our maggots in bags. A bag of maggots round your neck while fishing for roach in the Wharfe or Calder. If the bloke in the shop knew what he was doing, you'd never have a problem, but then again, we all make mistakes.

We'd 2 GALLONS of pinkies in a bait fridge and took off night fishing. While we were away the thermostat must have tripped and there were pinkies ALL over the SHED, HOUSE, HOUSING ESTATE, glad it was in the mates fridge We still don't speak, and that must have been 30 years ago.

I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness I can show to any fellow - creature, let me do it now, let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.

Alan Hammond:

Wasn't there something a couple of years ago in the papers about a youngster who split open a bag of maggots on a bus and in doing so upset all the other passengers?

I bought some in a paper bag when I was a young lad and while travelling home on the bus the guy next to me suddenly slapped his leg. I looked down and there was a squashed maggot there. I had put the bag of maggots in my duffle coat pocket and buttoned down the flap but that was no barrier maggots intent on escaping. I realised that the bag must have opened and within minutes everyone was finding maggots either on them or near them. Knowing what had happened and knowing that there was nothing I could do in situ, I had to get off the bus a few stops early and walk the rest of the way after putting the maggots back into their temporary home!

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

At one time, a very long time ago, I managed a Broads boat yard. We had hired out a boat to a bunch of anglers who kindly spilt maggots into the bilge of their boat. For the next few weeks subsequent hirers were plagued by flies. That was despite us pressure and steam cleaning the bilge of the boat! Tenacious little beasts. The only cure, don't spill maggots! Short of nuking 'em there is no known cure.

Peter Waller:

The only cure, don't spill maggots! Short of nuking 'em there is no known cure.

Not difficult to work out why anglers roasted wasp grubs is it? :D

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

Once on holiday during a very hot day I was using maggots on a stillwater and must of had about a pint of reds in a maggot box next to me.

The peg was basically a muddy/gravely beach and I was sitting on a camp chair.

I went to fill my catty up with a pouch full and the box was empty.

There was not a sign of a maggot anywhere until I picked up the box.

They had all crawled underneath it, into a small hole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just scopped them up and put them back in the box.

It seems to me that they always make a dash for shade, darkness or any hole they can find.

Drop a catty in a box of maggots and you can guarantee they always find their way into the holes where the rubber joins the main frame!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!