Africa

kleinboet

.............. sometimes it is just done to start a good argument.

KB must have known what sort of response he was going to get when he started this contentious thread.

Yup so i'm going to have to agree with that. If you look between the personal slating and the alledged inappropriate comments there has been some really good discussion.

So well done to you K B for the topic. :) Having a choice of looking at this or watching an episode of corrie or worse, benders, is that still going, i know what i prefer. Much like a telly really, if you don't want to watch, you know where the switch is.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup so i'm going to have to agree with that. If you look between the personal slating and the alledged inappropriate comments there has been some really good discussion.

So well done to you K B for the topic. :) Having a choice of looking at this or watching an episode of corrie or worse, benders, is that still going, i know what i prefer. Much like a telly really, if you don't want to watch, you know where the switch is.

or to put it another way - the alleged personal slating and the very definitely inappropriate comments :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Rabbit
Good evening Rabbit, how the devil are you. :) Deception, disguise. :nono: I have already commented on the situation did you overlook the post where i said, 'two wrongs don't make it right'. :)

'

'Two Wongs dont make it White''....

Give it a rest :o

or to put it another way - the alleged personal slating and the very definitely inappropriate comments :rolleyes:

No, i can definatly say personal slating, however i'm not qualified to comment on anything that is racist or not are you. That is the reason i used the word alledged. :rtfm: p.s. i like your signiture, don't mean i agree with it though. B)

Rabbit, your trying to twist me words, no chance. :)

Edited by barry luxton

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

No, i can definatly say personal slating, however i'm not qualified to comment on anything that is racist or not are you. That is the reason i used the word alledged. :rtfm: p.s. i like your signiture, don't mean i agree with it though. B)

Rabbit, your trying to twist me words, no chance. :)

I didn't say racist, I said inappropriate. Interesting that you used the word, you must have thought so as well :rolleyes:

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Jeeeeez! I thought April 1st had been and gone...

I'm absolutely appalled at some of the racist comments on this thread that have been allowed to continue without any censure.

Janet

There are all kinds of stuff left un moderated in the site. My words had me suspended for a week, that’s why I haven’t replied. I wanted to establish that in case it was supposed that I had taken off in a fit of pique. I’m not sure what seven days banishment that was supposed to achieve? If the idea was to give me time to reflect and change, then it has failed. A believer in standing by ones actions, I stand by my statement.

Throughout the debates in which I have contributed in here, I have for the most part submitted considered responses, avoiding bad language, and providing evidence to support my case(s). It’s worth considering why my words were so bad that they needed to be removed. Was it to protect the subject of my scorn? Well I repeated them in case he missed it first time around, or was it so that people coming along to look in here wouldn’t see nasty stuff? Well this thread is packed with, as Janet points out appalling racist comments. A quick scan through previous posts reveals some pathetic stuff too, for example this ‘joke’,

It's been real cold around here of late. How cold?

It was so cold, I saw my lawyer with his hands in his own pockets. And he was shaking worse than a queer at a weenee roast.

And on sexuality,

what the hell is happening to this country? Gays (poofs, arse bandits, shirt lifters, turd burglars) call them what you will, getting married ???????????????????? Married???????????????????

one would hope they would die out.

queers should be deported to a far off island and left to bugger each other to death.

Hopefully the queers will die out naturally, and that one day there will be gene testing to eliminate them before birth.

Perhaps the moderator excuse is that, given that no one has reported these comments, then there is no need to take action?

Inevitably moderators are going to bring their own values to their ‘job’ based upon their own world view and perhaps reflex the socio-political environment in which their ideology was formed, and so censor what they consider inappropriate, regardless of what the consensus is?

I don’t report comments like the above to moderators, it would smack too much of ‘telling teacher’, and I wasn’t disposed to do that even as a school child. In any case I wholly support the notion of allowing all, even (or perhaps especially) bigots the space to let all see what they are.

My comment was in someone’s view a ‘vicious personal attack’, well, I suppose I simply have to accept that to some it is, we all gauge and interpret differently, I consider ‘vicious and personal’ the time I was kicked unconscious, by a gang who called me (a) ‘Paki’ (To my knowledge, I have no Pakistani genealogy in my ancestry, but details like that seldom deter bigots) and the evening when I was punched off a barstool, once again unconscious, this time for being transgender. I’m not sure if being shot at simply for being a British soldier counts as ‘personal’, but when one feels the air displacement then it’s certain just who is being ‘attacked’. So perhaps you will forgive my disagreeing over definitions.

Perhaps this post won’t be up for long, maybe I will be evicted on a permanent basis? for it’s certain I am both unrepentant and unlikely to be silenced by suspensions.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

It's a sad fact of life that nothing is perfect. The Mods on here are not on duty 24/7 we have lives to lead and some of us even like to go fishing!

So it is therefore likely that we will miss some things threads can come and go long before we have seen them so inevitably moderating is by default liable to be partial however we do our best according to our lights My special area of interest is homophobia and those examples you have found must have happened whilst I have been away as I would have deleted those threads and dealt with those responsible had I clocked them.

However moderating is to some extent the responsiblity of all the members and if anything is printed that you or anyone is not happpy with simply press the report button and bring it to our attention and it will be dealt with.

If you choose not to report something that you are not happy with then that is your choice and should you decide to choose that route then don't winge that you are not happy with the way things are done.........Or not as the case may be.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

It's a sad fact of life that nothing is perfect. The Mods on here are not on duty 24/7 we have lives to lead and some of us even like to go fishing!

So it is therefore likely that we will miss some things threads can come and go long before we have seen them so inevitably moderating is by default liable to be partial however we do our best according to our lights My special area of interest is homophobia and those examples you have found must have happened whilst I have been away as I would have deleted those threads and dealt with those responsible had I clocked them.

However moderating is to some extent the responsiblity of all the members and if anything is printed that you or anyone is not happpy with simply press the report button and bring it to our attention and it will be dealt with.

If you choose not to report something that you are not happy with then that is your choice and should you decide to choose that route then don't winge that you are not happy with the way things are done.........Or not as the case may be.

Thank you for replying Alan,

I accept most of what you say. However, for my part I am not calling for anyones words to be deleted, and so don't want to be reporting anyones posts. I much prefer to see just what people think. So sorry if that undermines the whole moderator concept What I do question is why my 'bag of poo' comment is considered so serious and offensive that I am blocked from the forum for a week, a comment which is admittedly a bit 'schoolyardy', but nowhere as near as sinister as lots in that thread, and in those which I have used as examples.

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

There are all kinds of stuff left un moderated in the site. My words had me suspended for a week, that’s why I haven’t replied. I wanted to establish that in case it was supposed that I had taken off in a fit of pique. I’m not sure what seven days banishment that was supposed to achieve? If the idea was to give me time to reflect and change, then it has failed. A believer in standing by ones actions, I stand by my statement.

My comment was in someone’s view a ‘vicious personal attack’, well, I suppose I simply have to accept that to some it is, we all gauge and interpret differently, I consider ‘vicious and personal’ the time I was kicked unconscious, by a gang who called me (a) ‘Paki’ (To my knowledge, I have no Pakistani genealogy in my ancestry, but details like that seldom deter bigots) and the evening when I was punched off a barstool, once again unconscious, this time for being transgender. I’m not sure if being shot at simply for being a British soldier counts as ‘personal’, but when one feels the air displacement then it’s certain just who is being ‘attacked’. So perhaps you will forgive my disagreeing over definitions.

I concede it was my words 'vicious personal attack'. My interpretation for using them fwiw, is that we can't fire bullets on an internet forum, only words, so i don't feel too guilty using them at the time, however hopeing to make you feel a little bit better for your bannishment and to prevent you beating up on the mods too much, i'm going to exclude myself for a couple of days. Is that fair enough?

I'm off fishing actually, back tuesday night. :D

Differing opinions are fine.

Telling other members you think their opinions are nonsense, wrongheaded, or similar is a good way to start a fight but otherwise pretty well worthless. However, it is normally acceptable.

Hurtful name calling directed at other members is not fine.

Immediate reposting of comments that were removed by a moderator is not acceptable regardless of your opinions about the removal.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President