Africa

kleinboet

You have prompted me to register too. I didn't even look at the 'non fishing bit' until recently. i have been looking back throu it you have had some dingdongs. bit ofa double standard goin on in this section. the moderated out comment mild compared with some of the things said in here. Decent folk can see whats happening.

Sorry in a way to come in here withcontrversy but sometimes thats what it takes to get the nomlly silent ones out. How could a black person not be offended, from Africa or anywhere else?

Now I have taken the step of regerstration I hope to be able to contribute often.

Interesting Freddie, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

Here you are with your first post and we could argue that you are criticizng the mods with your double standard comment. In addition we could also argue that you are fueling the racist issue by your black person comment generalization. It could be argued black verses white by what you have posted, no grey colours in between?

fwiw i certainly agreed with the mods when they removed emmas comment as it was a vicious personal attack, if that is an accepted method of argument, then i think we might just well pack up and go home.

Welcome by the way. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Freddie and Trapper.

Ken is right - it's not all ding dongs! For the most part it is friendly banter, but on occasions we like to go off on one...

The Mods only tend to step in if they really have to, or if something is reported to them.

We're quite a nice bunch really...well, most of us are!

Janet

I speak for South Africa, Angola, Lesotho, Swaziland, Namibia, Zimbabwe, in fact all of the southern states as I was a Sales rep !

Perhaps you were, but you used the term 'blacks' being a travelling salesman around some African countries doest mean that you are qualified to make comments about black people generally. like I sold door to door around the north of England in the 50s but I don't make statements about all 'whites'. you ask for the angry comments.

Ken is right

One by one they fall under my evil spell......

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Here you are with your first post and we could argue that you are criticizng the mods with your double standard comment. In addition we could also argue that you are fueling the racist issue by your black person comment generalization. It could be argued black verses white by what you have posted, no grey colours in between?

fwiw i certainly agreed with the mods when they removed emmas comment as it was a vicious personal attack, if that is an accepted method of argument, then i think we might just well pack up and go home.

Thank you for the welcomes. Janet too.

now Ken do you really think what Emma said was a visious attack? I know places where he wouldt have got out of intact saying things like that. I think visious attacks are much harsher then that, bein call a bag of dung (she even used polite talk) is mild, i recon I have been visiously attacked in the past and was left with scars. Maybe its sheltered life thing.

I don't know about shades of grey, but i do know about shades of brown thats the colour of us in between.

Emmas posts look well thoughy about mostly, even when after getting alot of stick, maybe she wanted to speak plainly.

visious attack ?

Visious no, but no matter how strongly, I disagree with someone, I'll refrain from calling them names or attacking their character.

Calling someone a racist doesn't negate their point if it if true any more than using terms of racial or sexual abuse does. The point being made should either stand or fall on it's own merits.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

The fact is that the majority of us don't really know one another. We can only judge character by what is written and try to guess why it was written. Sometimes it's meant seriously, sometimes it's a windup and sometimes it is just done to start a good argument.

KB must have known what sort of response he was going to get when he started this contentious thread. We can only guess at his motives.

If it was to start a row then he succeeded and brought out some of the nastiest remarks that I have had the misfortune to see in print on a public forum. None of those remarks were from Emma. If people are offended by being called or thought of as racist then the simple answer is to stop making racist remarks.

The remark that triggered Emma's response was too clever and well thought out to have originated from Cheltenham. It sounds just the sort of remark that I have heard from white South Africans all over the world (try saying it in tha accent). You can imagine the good old boys gathered in the (whites only) bar and chuckling over that one.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

Guest Rabbit

Mods errr Newt lets not generalise Barry or weave a web of deception to disguise the bare facts there have been some awful comment on this thread that was left unchecked and yet the one that was in defiance of the hateful rhetoric was removed.

Now that is something I have been accustomed to on here. I have been lambasted enough times, I should know :wallbash: But any newcomer looking in can be excused for being a little perplexed ...Go on.....deny it <_< I am sure you will :group:

Mods errr Newt lets not generalise Barry or weave a web of deception to disguise the bare facts there have been some awful comment on this thread that was left unchecked and yet the one that was in defiance of the hateful rhetoric was removed.

Now that is something I have been accustomed to on here. I have been lambasted enough times, I should know :wallbash: But any newcomer looking in can be excused for being a little perplexed ...Go on.....deny it <_< I am sure you will :group:

Good evening Rabbit, how the devil are you. :) Deception, disguise. :nono: I have already commented on the situation did you overlook the post where i said, 'two wrongs don't make it right'. :)

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Yep, sometimes these forums just let you test your argumentative muscles. Inevitably, two viewpoints will exist. People challenging you will force you to refine and define your arguments and people with similar views to yours will throw in stuff that you may have been unaware of to bolster the argument.

The regular "dingdongs" on religion have certainly made me a better debater on the subject outside of these forums. I'm better able to counter arguments and believers very quickly learn that it's a bad idea to start quoting scripture. I have plenty of religious mates and the back and forth of debate is the stuff of a good night in the pub. While I might give old KB a hard time when he goes off on one, I'd hate to think that my counter argument had really offended him or anyone else for that matter.

As Sportsman says, most of us are aware when we throw in a bone that's going to get people going and develop the required tin hat and thick skin.