Another Thread Locked

Guest Rabbit

Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to monitor and delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever and may block or terminate your membership for violating any of these terms.

That sounds like, 'this is my ball so we will play to my rules only, my gang will make sure you stick to the rules, any arguments and your out, if you don't like it get lost'.

yup got it in one just like real life

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup , i couldn't agree more with you guys. Especially Nurse Judy.

Back in the day , i was a very contentious swine , i even used to argue with myself :D . After umpteen suspensions and bans , i suppose the message does tend to wear in and you do get the message ....eventually.

What i have seen (in my very short time on AN) is that people talking through a PC don't see eye to eye (literally) and any post can / is read completely differently by all alike. A simple , harmless post could and is invariably seen by some as something derrogatory which ends up inflaming into something out of nothing.

I have lightened up a great deal , believe it or not!!!! in my postings on AN.

What i have learned on here is that no matter how loud you shout , no matter what you believe to be true , no matter ....what , it's YOUR belief and observations that are being posted up on the boards and the majority of the readers read them like a newspaper , nothing more nothing less.

Lets face it , apart from ELTON , this site is something to pass the time and enjoy / learn / laugh / share experiences with people who , let's face it , most of the members you will never meet, along the same lines as any other forum on the internet.

I stand by Eltons rules , he owns the thing , runs the thing and puts a lot of effort into keeping it going. :)

Theres nothing stopping me from popping in and enjoying it from time to time.

Lighten up and enjoy life , there IS more to life than a computer.

Just for the record , the above sentence is made in the mildest possible manner and is not meant to offend anyone reading it.

I have contacted my solicitor and he is in the process of drawing up a note for me just incase someone takes the sentence as an insult .

Happy reading guys and above all else.............enjoy life.

Fishing is fishing , Life is life , but life wouldn't be very enjoyable without fishing................ Mr M 12:03 / 19-3-2009

Although this BB does not and cannot review the messages posted and is not responsible for the content of any of these messages, we at this BB reserve the right to monitor and delete any message for any or no reason whatsoever and may block or terminate your membership for violating any of these terms.

That sounds like, 'this is my ball so we will play to my rules only, my gang will make sure you stick to the rules, any arguments and your out, if you don't like it get lost'.

for someone who is constantly referencing other peoples work you don't appear to like it when someone else does.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

for someone who is constantly referencing other peoples work you don't appear to like it when someone else does.

Cheers Fred

Don't understand your point?

"Some people hear their inner voices with such clarity that they live by what they hear, such people go crazy, but they become legends"

Guest Brumagem Phil

LOL at the whole thread.

The more things change, the more they stay the same!

Up the Blues and down with Hamilton! :P

Don't understand your point?

well you are alway pointing people ( KB in particular ) to articles that have researched a particular item and you more or less say do your homework.

In this instance you were directed to the forum rules and you reply with this.

that sounds like, 'this is my ball so we will play to my rules only, my gang will make sure you stick to the rules, any arguments and your out, if you don't like it get lost'.

You were not asked to get lost, you were invited IMO to stick to the rules.

You're an educated articulate person, you do understand the rules, it's simple really.

We get away with a lot more on these forums than we do else where and i'm sure you know that.

Cheers Fred

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Hi Emma,

Every where you go you are required to remain within a set of rules, it is called the LAW.

Here on AN the rules are defined by Elton, he sets the standard and as stated when you sign up you agree to abide by them.

I think compared to a number of forums I visit this one is managed extremely well.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

Rabbit forgive me if I have been asleep and in so doing I have somehow contrived to miss the election...................You know the one in which you were duly elected to speak for the majority of the members of this site.

You may dislike it and there may well be a few others that dislike it however I am sure that they are fully capable of speaking up for themselves.

moderation has always been and will always be a feature of this site the decisions the team make they do so with the best interests of the site at heart.

We don't claim to be perfect.

If you don't like it feel free to start your own site and forum

I quite agree. I have been a member of this site since its inception but because of Rabbit and one or two others of his ilk I hardly bother with the place any more. I don't see that the site needs self appointed policemen/women; the moderators do a fine job as far as I can see and have done so right from the beginning. As you say Alan, if they don't like what the see or what happens here, it would be better for the majority if they went somewhere they might be more welcome.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

This must be the No. 1 "evergreen thread".

As has been said many times before, if anyone doesn't like it, then they can leave and go elsewhere.

Nobody will miss them , the Internet sands close over footprints very quickly.

You can even apply to Elton to get a refund of your subscription..............................Oh, thats right, you don't pay one. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "