Wingham Fish-In Catch Reports

Steve Burke

Please post all catch reports here.

There are a lot of people to thank and I'll do this later. However I'd to record special thanks to the bailiffs, Terry, Glyn and Tom.

Glyn is only just off crutches and still on morphine. Terry is in as bad a state with his neck but won't go to the doctor. Tom has been a godsend and Terry should be justly proud of him. Despite this, and having to deal with a number of trees down this week, everything is ready but the finishing touches.

All 3 of them have worked their socks off and Terry and Glyn have collapsed on their bedchairs and not bothered to fish.

Thanks a million guys! :thumbs:

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had a 40 (please read this on Monday).

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I've had 40 (please read this on Monday).

40 times your body weight in BBQ food?

40 eels?

40 pike?

40 years of wondering what a carp looks like?

:D:P:D

Rich

Edited by Richard Capper

It's been a week since I had a carp from Wingham now. I'm getting withdrawal symptoms ;)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

i blanked

"Glyn is only just off crutches and still on morphine. Terry is in as bad a state with his neck but won't go to the doctor. Tom has been a godsend and Terry should be justly proud of him. Despite this, and having to deal with a number of trees down this week, everything is ready but the finishing touches."

blimey its not blooming 1865 now stop working them to death :o

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

One year I will have to get down to one of these Wingham Fish-Ins....

Best wishes everyone there, I hope the rain holds off for you :fishing1:

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

After a cold, miserable week conditions started off poor, but have been improving all day. After the morning rain cleared it thankfully remained dry and we even had some sunny spells.

The main feature of the weather was the gusty SSW wind that was so strong that Glyn opted to abandon his swim and move. 10 minutes after casting out this evening he had a 7-08 tench. Terry T-shirt had a tench of 8-01 before the lunchtime BBQ, and another (different) one of the same weight in the afternoon. The smallest tench of the day (7-07) fell to Anderoo, as did the biggest at 9-08 1/2, a new PB. He's also had a smal perch. Well done Andrew!

Other catches up to 7pm include a perch getting on for 2lbs to Poledark, a jack of about 5-6lbs to Lyn, and an eel of about 1 1/2lbs to Jeffwill. I've had no reports of carp from the Carp Lake.

With all the disturbance of 26 anglers descending on the Coarse Lake (it never usually has even 6) the Fish-In has got off to its usual slow start, but again as usual the tench in particular have been a high average size, despite everything being behind due to the late Spring.

So fingers crossed for the rest of the event.

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

A hard day's margin fishing with a float rod and light leger in at times a very strong wind produced just one fish.

A fiesty 6 3/4lb pike, which was great sport on the float rod, played with a centrepin reel :)

A size 8 circle hook (intended for perch), baited with dendronobas had the pike hooked neatly in the scissors.

It took the worms, just as I started to retrieve to recast, in the boat launching swim, by the main gate.

At the BBQ I was shown a picture of Elton. I never knew that he had such a wide grin!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Today was an even windier day with gale force gusts, especially in the sharp showers. As a result each end of the lake was like being on another planet. At the SW end Miroku was in a sleeveless T-shirt catching 20+ roach 2 foot under a float in flat calm water. At the other end there were white horses and Anderoo was having waves breaking over the bank and throwing spray up into his face! Poor Steve Walker was in the wildest swim next door as it had little shelter from the wind that ran down the entire half mile of the pit straight at him.

The catches are well down on the last 3 years due to the drop in water temperature. Nevertheless there were some happy, smiling faces.

Elton (Murphy) PB carp of 35-12.

Richard Capper PB eel of c4lbs

Rob Ward 2 pike c10lbs

Poledark (Den Darkin) 2 tench c6lbs plus a perch of c1 3/4lbs.

Errrm (Neil Jones) perch c1lb + pike c1 1/2lb

Flying Tench (John Clarke) 2 PB eels, each of 2-03

Terry T-Shirt (Terry Read) tench of 8-12, 8-08, 3 at 8-02, 7-13, 6-02, 5-12 & 3-06. A small perch, and an eel of about 1 1/2lbs.

KAYC (Kevin Clarkson) PB tench of 8-01

Cliff 63 (Cliff Townsend) PB perch of 2-15, plus eel c2lbs

Anthony78 (Ant Chance) eel c2lbs

Miroku (Steve Blackburn) 20+ roach to 12ozs plus PB eel of 4-02.

Tigger (Ian Woods) roach c1 1/4lbs, plus c10 eels

Budgie (Burgess) 3 pike c5-8lbs

Jeffwill (Jeff Williams) eel c1 1/2lbs

Tony U (Tony Urwin)c3-08 eel

3 Doors Down (Nic Horne) tench of 7-10

Tinca Tinca (Paul Westcott) tench (all males) of 7-02. 6-11 & 5-11

Maddog (Colin Rennison) PB male tench of 6-08, PB female tench of 8-03 Colin hasn't claimed a PB male but a look at the pics on the camera suggested one.

Angly (Geoff Brown) PB tench of 7-09 plus another of 6-10, PB eel c2lbs

Steve Campbell 14-08 pike

Will Wilkinson 7-12 female tench, eel c2lbs

Glyn (Llewellyn) 7-07 tench

Anderoo (Andrew Walker) a PB female tench of 9-08 1/2 plus others of 9-03, 8-01, 7-7 & 6-0, a male tench of 5-03, plus a small perch

Steve Walker PB female tench of 7-08, perch of 2-01 plus 2 eels

Lyn (Hurst) pike of 5-6lbs and 3lbs

Jedibond (Ian Shiels) eels of c2lbs & 2 1/2lbs

Leon Roskilly 6-12 pike

I'll update this post as reports come in, and repeat it later in the topic.

Edited by Steve Burke