Politicians - What is the alternative?

Scapanapper

Alot has been said here and elsewhere about the quality (or otherwise) of politicians.

The general concensus seems to be that they are all the same ie. self serving, corrupt, incompent and generally unsavoury.

So what is the alternative? bearing in mind that we live in a complex society and need a complex government and legislature.

Who should run the country and how?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bluezulu:

What is the alternative? easy snatcher p.m. kendo,chesters,rob i, blue zulu , ziggy,argyll, and jeepsters as the other cabinet members, what could go wrong? :P

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

The problem with poititians is.....Well they are polititians.

We have a lady who lives close to me who was always ready to fight anyones corner. She was asked by a political Party to stand as councillor and won by a landslide. She now firmly takes the council's side in all issues, telling everybody that the council is doing it's best (like "losing" £19,000.00 and then spending £1200.00 on studio photos of the councillors.)

I asked her a while back to sign a legal document, which she refused saying she couldn't as "she was a councillor" I replied that I was asking her to do it as a friend. It was shoved through my letter box, unsigned, so she has chosen politics over friendship - so be it. My next door neighbour, a parole officer, signed it immediately.

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

*Anthony*:

Let Richard Branson run the country.

as long as he doesn't sell bits off to chris evans

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

What is the alternative? easy snatcher p.m. kendo,chesters,rob i, blue zulu , ziggy,argyll, and jeepsters as the other cabinet members, what could go wrong?

Like to oblige, but my 'three in a bed' orgies with Anne Widdecombe and Margaret Beckett would no doubt be held again me. No, please don't turn on the light :D

[ 16. December 2004, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: argyll ]

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

anarchy being run by the editor of the sun,or lets have a good old fashioned dictator.we may moan about them but when more people vote on programmes like x factor etc why should politicians change their ways !

The salary of the chief executive of a large corporation is not a market award for achievement. It is frequently in the nature of a warm personal gesture by the individual to himself.

John Kenneth Galbraith