So can you kill a burglar in your house

Snatcher

I think the new wording makes it easier to protect oneself and more difficult for the courts to prosecute / convict. It used to be use of reasonable force - which is up to the courts to decide. It is now the 'the force should not be grossly disproportionate' it is now therefore up to the prosecution to prove it was grossly disproportionate rather than think it was just beyond reasonable.

Like most have mentioned though when it comes down to it, faced with someone in the house, you act first, think later.

Rob.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

skippy:

looked down to see the biggest freeking spider I have ever seen.

I should point out that the dog fled to my bed, the cat fled to the top of the wardrobe and the kids are calling be a fairy!!!!

Disposal of creepy crawlies is actually the one useful thing our cats do for us. I just wish they'd eat all of them, not just the juicy bits; keep finding spider legs in the bath.

Here's a good one, copper tubing & barbed wire.

Insert copper tubing, you know where, then thread 3' of barbed wire up through copper tubing, then remove the tubing....leaving nice Mr Burglar with 3ft of barbed wire up his ass...try explaining that in casualty

do you think they would re-offend?

tight lines

Andy

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

Oh dear I have had a few beers after late shift!!

Put the car away and here is wor lass oot the back having a tube. Just had to join in so had a quick(loads)

Nothing new to add to this threadbear thread really.

I suppose still stick to the theme an Englishmans home is (or should that be was) his castle. tell you what(oh dear I feel the truth coming on again)

Stuck for words!!!! would just break any burglars arms and legs for starters!!! oh dear did I say that again. Have sparked a few over the years - not burglars but bad guys. Oh I feel I am digging a hole for myself - signing off now K1ll the mother pluckers :(

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

DJMCJERICO:

On the wall above my fire place are 2 air pistols, an air rifle, a 46inch katana sword, a 26inch wazaki sword, a 50lb pistol grip crossbow, various fantasy daggers upto 18inch, various 1,2 and 3 blade throwing knifes, an old wooden police baton, a pair of knunchucks and a short uk style police baton. I can use them all.

My sister's partner is heavily into martial arts with weapons, and has several display weapons downstairs. Not live blades, but sharp enough points to be very dangerous. I was asking him whether he'd got any more *upstairs*. No swords, just various staffs, nunchucks, etc that he trains with. Untrained burglar with an ornamental sword versus trained expert with a big stick; I wonder how much force is considered reasonable there?