Congratulations Liverpool what a comeback

Tony 1

argyll:

'beers and a massive takeway this well last though the night!'

So just a normal evening for you then Andy :D:D:D

Normal??? Once in a blue moon as I do not drink or eat takeaway for quite a while now Gerry. :P

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turned it off at half time, went upstairs and played darts :rolleyes:

Just checked on 5live about five minutes from time, could not believe what I was hearing...

Well done Liverpool - amazing recovery!

Wiped that bloody grin of Maldini's face at half time :D:D

Another Gooner

"I like to keep a bottle of stimulant handy in case I see a snake, which I also keep handy."

- WC Fields

I only started to watch the second half just to see what they would do(like concede more goals), I almost turned it of. Then wham bang we had a match again. I cant remember seing such a turn around, in the first half Traore looked like he should have been playing in the Kent league not the Champions League second half he looked up to the job. I cant remember hearing Gerrards name in the first half in the second he was fantastic.

By the end of the match I was jumping up and down and getting more excited than I did on Saturday and Im an Arsenal Fan. I had to check the mirror to make sure I hadnt grown a Tash and an Afro.

Got to half time and I almost went out in the garden to mow the lawn but decided to watch the first bit of the second half.

To be honest, I also expected them to concede another goal quickly, but suddenly we had a real match.

Makes me wish I was a Liverpool fan :D:D

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

An amazing match and I like many was about to switch off at halftime because of the result, having been really gutted since the first minute. I carried on watching though to see if my team could at least get one or two back, and relieve the agony a little bit. I was in no way prepared for what happened next with 3 goals in 6 minutes, extra time and then Dudek doing it for us at penalty shoot out time.."Doing The Grobbelaer"

liverpool1.jpg

This picture kind of sums it up for me..

[ 26. May 2005, 10:26 AM: Message edited by: Steve Randles ]

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Well done to Liverpool, but I would've been more impressed if they had kept up the momentum of the come-back and won the match in normal time, like Man Utd did in the '98/'99 season.

BTW, I'm not a Manc fan, far from it!

Hard to believe that a team containing Dudek, Smicer, Finnan, Traore, Cisse, Kewell and Baros are the best in Europe. :confused:

Good game though, and well done Liverpool. :)

ayjay

Its a cup competition it does not mean they are the best in Europe, it means they played the best in that particular competition, and that is still a great achievement.

Untill they get round to a true league system for Europe no one will be able to claim they are the best just that they are champions. As an Arsenal fan I would be more than happy with that.

Well done to Liverpool Champions of Europe.

What a match it was.

Walked away from the T.V at half time.

Couldnt be bothered watching the rest,

Flicked it over around 9.20pm and found out it was 3-3.

Could't turn it over.

Glued to the box.

IN the end it was to be Liverpool's night.

:):)

Hia's All