a new record!

zedhead

There are those, Gerry, who give it, and should also learn to take it. The tone of your reply to Mark, in my humble, bitter twisted opinion, was uncalled for.

And, by the way, there are now eleven 'broads' associated with the Yare, twelve if you include Hardley Flood. Reference Dr Martin George in his bible for Broadlanders, namely The Land, Use, Ecology and Conservation of Broadland.

[ 28. September 2005, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since when did you 'learn to take it'? You make some vitriolic remark about someone or something that offends your sensibilities and then seem quite shocked when you get a rebuttal. You're mean spirited Peter and you always pay for it in the end.

It took you a bit of time to look up the reference books in an effort to prove me wrong re the Yare broads. Did you have to pop down to Lowestoft library? You and I both know that in terms of 'fishing' the River Yare as we both know it....there are two... Rockland Broad And Surlingham Broad. When was the last time that you accessed and fished the other ten?

My tone to Mark entirely befitted his attempt to start yet another Charlie B pike guide war of words over here. Go back over the thread, we were talking about eels, Mark decided to mix with Charlie B...not me. I should have said nothing really, it makes me look as bad as you. But he said his piece I said mine and moved on.

If Mark wants another discussion re his and Charlies relative virtues then perhaps he'd like to do it via my email address and I'm sure he's capable of doing so without any assistance from you. It was only a few threads ago that you were having a little puddle on the floor about him fishing your..sorry...Oulton..Broad without presumably asking permission first.

Frankly I think most on AN have already heard enough carp and guide wars to last them the rest of the season. You've had one failed attempt at raising a ghost or two that nobody on the forum bit on... severn barbel to broadland salmon in one easy jump. Eel record to pike guide in the same. Great innit Peter, screwing up other peoples threads. Now you want to start another skirmish, even though to all intents and purposes its all died down.

So far I've purposely not responded to your daft little jibes because I don't think that this is the place to have yet another one of your silly little tantrums over one particular broadland character who doesnt post on here. Go somewhere where he does, or better still go knock on his door and sort it out there, you've been there before so you know where he lives. That'll save everyone else having to hear the story for the umpteenth time. If you continue this daft personal one sided clash and drag me into this on a public forum, I promise you wont enjoy it. Leave it there.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Gerry, you have fished Bargate Broad (The Chains), Surlingham Broad and Rockland, and Charlie, I know has fished Brundall Broad in the past, so that's four. I actually know, and have fished seven Yare Broads, but a quick check in my 'library' found the others. One not in George's book is Whitlingham, but that has been dug since he wrote his excellent book.

Better add that some of the other Broads are private, or nature reserves. Brundall used to be controlled by the Norwich & District Pike Anglers Club but it was sold awhile back so don't know if it is still fishable by us lesser mortals.

[ 28. September 2005, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: Peter Waller ]

quote:

Originally posted by Elton:

If you want to have a go at me, Anglers Mail, Angling Times or any of the monthlies, it's best to email or write to us.

Tried this Elton, Anglers Mail just ignores any criticism & i notice they've gone quiet again. I dislike the content, the quality & certain policies but if me voicing this causes you hassle, then i apologise to you.

I still have some old souvenir copies of AM recording events such as Chris Yates carp for example. The quality of the writing of 25 years ago is in a different league to what they serve up nowadays. Belated thanks to Jim Gibbinson for teaching me so much.

If that Eel is genuine, a measure of it's historical importance can be guaged thus..

The new Roach record would be...5lb 1oz

Carp....76lb 4oz

Pike....54lb 7oz

Barbel..22lb 6oz

The first genuine double figure Chub!! or a mouthwatering 6lb 7oz Perch.

This was based on the Eel weighing an exact 13lb.

Now to me, any of those weights would be astonishing news & it would be criminal if they weren't authenticated & recorded for Angling posterity. Difficult to see why location & captor can't be kept secret if required.

Bearing in mind that Steve Terry's fish shattered the previous record & has hardly been approached in 27 odd years, this Eel(if genuine)is probably the most newsworthy big fish since Chris Yates 51.06 in fact in biological terms it's probably more important than the Carp.

Angling history has a right to know whether or not this is for real.

Peter.

The loose lines gone..STRIKE.

peter mccue:

Angling history has a right to know whether or not this is for real.

Erm, why?

It is a club water that has it's rules by which it operates. Non-members have absolutely no rights to know.

What you mean is: you want to know.

There's a big difference, as it's only important to those that hanker for records rather than thos who motivation is escapism, relaxation and pure angling pleasure.

[ 28. September 2005, 11:38 PM: Message edited by: Alan Stubbs ]

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine

13lb eel I'm gonna have nightmares, imagine that around your wrist? 22lb plus barbel?? God I feel humble, and I thought I was top rod with ten two.

Excuse the thread drift, but in view of what Elton said about magazines, I didn't want to make it a new topic.

The question is - when did Coarse Angling magazine last come out? Has it folded? It would be a shame as far as I am concerned because it was one of the few that contained articles that you could actually read, instead of soundbites separated by oversized pictures.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

I'm not so sure that it was 'announced' Matthew. There seems to be a view elsewhere that the story was 'leaked' by a club member contrary to the wishes of the club. Which may mean that the accusations of double standards by the club are perhaps a little wide of the mark. If that is indeed the case then good luck to the club for sticking to their principles. If there are pictures, then I'm sure that they'll eventually surface somewhere.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'