Your Birthdate?

severus

The odds on there being a match are above 50% when you get 23 people for comparison - the math works out like so...

With one person there is a 0 percent chance that you'll have two people with the same birthday. With two people the probability that they won't share a birthday is 364/365. The probability that they will share a birthday is therefore 1 - (364/365). With three people the probability that they won't share a birthday is the same as for two people, times 363/365. So the probability that three people will share a birthday is 1 - (364/365) * (363/365). Notice that with each additional person added, the probability that they shares a birthday with one of the previous persons goes up, because there are fewer "free" days remaining. We keep adding people until the %age is greater than 50%. When we have 23 people the %age is 50.729%. QED.

:D

C.

[ 07. April 2005, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Chris Plumb ]

"Study to be quiet." ><((º> My Blog

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12th May same as slashey

save-our-sharks member

SACN Member

SFSA Member

"Time is never wasted

When your wasted all the time

Nil Desperandum

August 20th 1966, it bewildered me at 19 how i had lasted so long, now at coming up 39 i really cant imagine how my body has coped with all the abuse i give it. good on ya body :)

Smelly nets.

Canon S3 IS

Samsung S500

HOBGOBLIN

mailto:grahamnoone@hotmail.com

您在来信中写道