If you have a problem with next doors cat

corydoras

Cory, while agree that a python is a dangerous beast (I've seen enough of them!!) I think that DOMESTIC cats have killed more people than a snake has.

I have seen many reports of "tragic accidents" happening where cats have slept on babies faces and suffocated them!

I believe if you saw a Python you would be wary to say the least, but a common moggy? Yet it will kill wildlife with impunity (if not treated right) and are very territorial, so it is not beyond the bounds of impossibilty that the cat jumped up and slept on the baby's face by accident.

Err, read the report KB, the snake was found wrapped round the child's neck. The mother's boyfriend stabbed the snake but was too late to save the baby. No cat was involved.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corey, You've been reading Snopes again. If you read further it said that, although rare cats have caused babies deaths by sleeping on them (it might be rare, but a hellofalot more common than death by pet snakes!).

What I can't understand is that coroners then declare the baby died of "infant cot syndrome"!!!!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Heres a few stats to start with in the US alone there have been 11 cases of people getting killed by there pet pythons since 1980 hsus stats (N.B only about half can be classed as toddlers the rest are grown adults) unfortunately i don't think they have any details on the number "tiddles" has killed( the figures are probably just to high to be safely released with out causing a mass panic & hysteria :D ).

Edited by snakey1

Heres a few stats to start with in the US alone there have been 11 cases of people getting killed by there pet pythons since 1980 hsus stats (N.B only about half can be classed as toddlers the rest are grown adults) unfortunately i don't think they have any details on the number "tiddles" has killed( the figures are probably just to high to be safely released with out causing a mass panic & hysteria :D ).

So when a cat rings your doorbell for Darwin's sake don't answer it..........it'll suffocate all of your kids :D

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

What I can't understand is that coroners then declare the baby died of "infant cot syndrome"!!!!

He meant to say "infant cat syndrome" but the typo gremlins got to him. :)

In other words, a cat flap :rolleyes:

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Corey, You've been reading Snopes again. If you read further it said that, although rare cats have caused babies deaths by sleeping on them (it might be rare, but a hellofalot more common than death by pet snakes!).

What I can't understand is why so many folk succumb to dodgy post hoc ergo propter hoc reasoning. Just because x followed y does not mean that y caused x. Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Cats are evil.

A mate of mine had one that tried killing him three times!

No it didn't sit on his face, it ran between his legs as he came down the stairs.

Once, ok an accident, but three times? They're evil I tell you, evil!!

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Just love it

The more cats that get eaten the better

Les, i've have seen a few dog's nose slashed by cats, where the dogs nose spurts blood.....meters.

Never seen a dog catch let alone eat a cat LOL :D

As a lad i've owned spanials and terriers, dumb aninals will enter a room and stick their

snouts into the crouch of a sleeping cat, dumb critters.

Currently the cats are walking through the grass, making grass hoppers jump.

The daft animals are bouncing round the garden thinking they are reptile and eat the insects. :rolleyes:

Bull pit's and english staffs eating the faces off kids is another thing, the old english sheep dog

that tried to kill our scotty and knocked my 8 stone 70 year old mum 6 feet in the air, would have

felt the steel of my work boot, or the sharp claw of my cats on his nose.

My cats have pulled a rabbit over a 6 foot fence and in through the cat flap. Come on dog owners

on you walk, would you not be proud that you dog actuly chased one, let alone catch one.

1509tarpon_75_.gif

My cats have pulled a rabbit over a 6 foot fence and in through the cat flap. Come on dog owners

on you walk, would you not be proud that you dog actuly chased one, let alone catch one.

I had an English bullterrier that caught and killed a cat in the garden and I now have a staffy that has caught and killed two of them. I will say that cats have been smart enough to learn not to come into my garden now. I just wish the staffy was able to catch herons. Rabbits are not common here so he doesn't get much oportunity to go for them however, I am sure that he would go for a 'roo if he got half a chance, but I don't want him chasing or killing native fauna.

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.