3 Stone In 3 Months

Elton

Diets are easy :D

I was 15 stone 3 months ago - I'm now 12.

It's taken a lot of self-control and even more exercise, but it's been worth it. In fact, it's been fairly easy for me, as I'm quite obsessive when I get an idea in my head.

I'm going to carry on until the end of the October, as I want to lose a bit more yet and I've tweaked things so that it's falling off more slowly now, but then it will be all about making sure I don't pile it on again.

Only trouble is, I need a load of new clothes now :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blimey, that's impressive, well done!

Eating wild caught fish is good for my health, reduces food miles and keeps me fit trying to catch them........it's my choice to do it, not yours to stop me!

Well done (little) Elton. :thumbs:

I wish I had your resolve mate, I've been trying (on and off) for ages, but stuggle to keep at it.

John.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Surprising what a chance encounter with a rabbit can do for you ;)

That's a lot of poo. :lol:

Trick is to keep up the lifestyle changes - I went from 14st7 to 12st7 last year. I've put most of it back on.

That'll be my next objective, Steve. Watching I don't put it back on, that is. I'm going to start chucking out my old clothes, so I'm physically inconvenienced if it ever does happen :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Getting through the cold months is the hard bit.

I'm convinced that I must have hedgehog genes in my makeup somehow.

Come the shortening days and I tend to eat more and do less, as though going into semi-hibernation. And the waistline grows

Just as well I'm not a 'heavy' build.

Wish you luck Elton.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

It's okay, Leon, I've thought of that. I really want to hammer the cod at Aldeburgh this winter and it's a bloody long walk to the best spots :D

Well done that man.

Just have to keep a wide berth from the kebabs and curries from now on.

I've set myself a similar target of 15kg's by Christmas.

Trouble is, I've set the same target for the first 3 months of 2010 as well.

I've done it before and but it back on but I'm detirmined to make permanent lifestyle changes this time arround to keep the weight off.

Psychologists reckon that a public committment is a powerful driver for meeting goals. I saw that you made one a while back and I guess I've just done the same but commitment or not, the lard's gotta go.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Congratulations to the Elton man! You've done it in a third of the time it took me.

What got in my mind, was the thought that it costs £30 for a pair of new trousers and £1 for a bar of chocolate.

Hmmmm.... £30 v £1. A bit of a dilemma!

I've still got 2 stones more to lose, I have been given a target by the doctors to get down to 11 stones.

The problem for me is that I've been diagnosed anorexic... I looked in the mirror the other day and thought 'F*ck me, you're fat!'

Edited by Alan Stubbs

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine